Start...of the end (1)

Change is everywhere, but nothing changes on my day to day bases. I get up, eat breakfast, go to school, then come home. Today is a bit different, I wake up same as always but that's where it changes. I don't smell pancakes or hear the sizzle of bacon or clanking of pots and pans. I don't even feel my dog moving from the bed. My dog is cowering and curling closer to me but his teeth are bared. I sit up and the covers fall away, instead of taking a shower first I get dressed in breathable Jean's and a gray v-neck T-shirt, I then put on my tennis shoes. I head to my Budoir where I brushed my hair in a perfectly combed up pony tale. I look at my clock in the lower left hand corner and see that it is shut off. I don't remember unplugging it. I open the mirror on my right wall, were there is a tunnel leading to the basement. I follow the trail out of my basement to the front of my house I see that the cars are both gone, I go back in through the basement and up to my room. I walk out of my Boudoir and see my dog is now laying on his back wiggling back and forth. I grab my jacket and scarf. I grab a back pack and pack it with another jacket an extra shirt and another pair of pants and a thick pair of socks. Charlie popped up off the bed, (my dog) and hoped down onto my rug where he sat, his ears perked up. I swing the bag on my back, grab a walkie and head to my side table by my bed and pull out my pocket knife, my tactile pen, and my .22 my father gave me before dropping me off at the hell hole. I hear thumping up the stairs and movement outside my door,I turn around as Charlie starts to crawl up on the left side of my door. I don't know what all happened in the last 5 hours of me sleeping but apparently alot has happened, a boy with mud and what looks like a dark rose color splattered his face and shirt, his pants were torn, and bodies that looked like my "family". I cocked my gun and my dog dragged the boy in my room I fired off 3 shots all hitting their targets. I just shot my own Adoption family in the head, and it's all this boy's fault.

I close my door, and by the time I turn around Charlie has his teeth bared and is on top of the boy. I decide I might need more than what I have currently, I walk back over to my bed and turn my bag to shove my female aid kit and my regular first aid kit into my bag. I sling my bag back onto my back, stuff the walkie into my side packs pocket and make sure it's secure before I grab my belt and holster and pack the .22 away. I grab my dads Emergency pack. It supposedly has more first aid supplies and ammo for the gun along with a mini camping kit. I shave that small pack and ammo from my adopted Dad into my dogs pack, with some dog treats I hid. I get up and turn, I snap my fingers and Charlie stalks to me keeping his eyes on the Boy.

I look over the boy.

Name: Unknown
Gender: Pussy Boy
Age: Child
Hair: Short (but long enough to be stuck to his forehead)
Eyes: Cristal Blue

I put the pack on my dog, securing it on his collar and around each leg. I put his collar on and motion for the boy to follow. I don't check on him as I open my rooms door. Female and 2 males lie on the ground. All adoption family is accounted for. I keep aware as I creep into the Parents room where they have a safe full of guns and canned goods and probably a bigger bag. I make it to the safe and am about to open it when apparently the boy gets in the way.

"What's your name? How are you so calm? Oh I guess I should probably introduce myself first..." I cup my hand over his mouth and shake my head putting a finger over my mouth. If he talked this much ALL the time I understood why I've never met him but I understood why it seemed he was being chased. I turn the nozzle and get the safe open. Sure enough there is a bigger bag in there filled with survival gear and surrounded by guns. I switch things from my bag into the bigger bag. I remove a couple of the bigger items.

2 XL-Shirts
1 L short
3 Jackets
2 Thick pairs of socks
Dads pack
My female pack
First Aid Kits (6)
Dog food
$457
215 clips for a .22
198 clips for an AK47

I sling the new pack onto my back feeling a bit heavier, but still able to run. I took the pack off the dog but kept his leash on. The boy was looking around when I snapped my fingers, his head whipped around and some random photo fell off the wall onto a pillow. I rolled my eyes and jerked my head, I walked out the room. AK slung across my chest, .22 on my hip, 4 throwing stars in my pack pocket, and 10 throwing knives around my right thigh, I walked into the kitchen Samurai sword in hand. Charlie tugged me around the house keeping the boy in sight as he jerked at every little thing (The boy not the dog). Charlie grabbed his leash and tugged twice letting me know he didn't since anything. I gave him a nod and placed the sword in the sheath on the left side of my pack. I faced the boy and gave him a head jerk.

"Okay, so your like to calm for this. You just shot your parents, AND your brother without a second thought. You don't even know me, and you act like this is an everyday thing? 7 Hours into social genocide and your calm and acting like this, (He waved his hands around gesturing to me and the blood on him.) is just a normal day." He takes a big breath and releases it. "But thank you, for saving me from those things and NOT killing me. My names James, James Allan Thomas. We go to the same school,...obviously, but um you don't talk to me ever. Or anyone that I see, not that I'm stalking you, because that's creepy. Unless that's something that your into. Oh wait right um why am I in your house. Well um I came by to see if you wanted to walk to school but on my way here things started going weird, this other girl attacked this guy like it was nothing and started eating him like a gummy bear, and then more people started doing the same. I got worried so I dropped all of my school stuff and ran here. I was attacked but I got them off before they could do anything. I took a rock and started slamming it against them,....if you don't believe me they are actually like right outside your door." I put my hands on his shoulders. And took him to the bathroom setting him on the toilet. I unclipped my dog and motioned for him to stay. I went to my "brothers" room and grabbed a few t-shirts and some pants. I walked into the bathroom and motion for him to shower, I set a change of clothes and a towel on the counter.

"The dog won't hurt you, you stink. Shower, change, and meet me in the kitchen. Don't touch anything." I close the door behind me. And waited a bit, I heard the shower turn on and went back to the safe that I never closed and made another pack.

2 L-shirts
3 M- Pants
1 L-shorts
2 Pairs of thick socks
2 Felt 2yd blankets
First Aid Kits (3)
Food for a week
The rest of the ammo for the .22 and AK47

I grabbed him a machete, and the bow in arrow, I put the arrows on the deeper pocket to the left on the pack. I put 2 Canisters of fuel in the top of the pack and brought it to the kitchen picking it up and putting it in one of the high chairs. A couple minutes later, the shower stopped and James came down, Charlie following him close behind. I placed shoes at the end of the stairs and put socks into James's hand. He bent on the stairs and put them both on. I clipped Charlie back to his leash, and motioned with my head to the pack and weapons waiting for James. His eyes got big.

" But I don't know how to shoot a bow, I mean I can handle one but I'm not good with shooting..things." He shook his head as I pushed him towards the bag. He just never shut up did he? I started to wonder if my once quite moments for thought would ever come back to me, as I helped him into his pack Charlie started backing into me. I put a hand over James's mouth and shook my head. I slinked across the wall that blocked the living room off from the kitchen and peeked around the corner. I sighed and bent, rubbed Charlie's head that looked up at me as if saying did I do good scaring the shit out of you. I looked back up at James.

"We need to leave. You have to keep quiet if your going to stay with me. You don't have to shoot the bow but I need to be able to kill something without noise, so hold it. If your not staying with me keep south, the further north you get the more busier places will get. Find food that doesn't parish and keep safe. You seem like a good guy, hate to have to kill you because you become one of them." I tugged on Charlie's leash and nodded my good bye and started heading East. James didn't follow me, but I like to think he headed South like I told him.