Chapter 4

Junior's POV

"Anything useful?!" I ask Karen, the head of the IT Department. I am at the IT Cell watching Karen type into the keypad without a break. I bolted her as soon as the guy informed what happened.

She nods no. "We know something is interfering with our software and system but to be honest, we don't know from where this is happening"

"What about the IPA address?" I question.

"No use. Whoever that person is he or she is safe with the secured connection. We can't trace him"

"Everytime we try the location turns back at us instead" a young Roaster informs. "It's weird"

"Just a word!" Toady pipes in "What if the hacker is amongst us?"

I give it a thought but that's highly impossible. Who would want to risk the lives of babies? If it isn't about babies what could be the motive behind it? I've made sure all our workers are well paid and satisfied.  There are a lot of couples who don't want to go through all pregnancy. This has increased our job and our duty requires more. Besides, we even have begun to hire and provide nannies for the babies. The turnover is really great and everyone gets a better salary.

Who could be that unhappy with this to do such stuff?

"That's unlikely" Karen disagrees "All these stuff could be done only by IT professionals and hackers. I've been checking and cross checking my folks. They're loyal to you, Boss. I'm sure none of them is involved in it"

"What do we do now, sir?" The roaster Ben asks me.

I take a long sigh. "We need to do the same thing Tulip had advised us to. Calling up the customers and making sure that the address in the beacon is the right one when we retrieve the old addresses from the beacons"

"For how long? You do remember that we got a lot of complaints because of that. Don't you? These humans are too fast paced, Boss. They don't want to be annoyed"

"Then we need to minimise our deliveries" I say gritting my teeth "I know even our workers are gonna find problems with that. But it's better than to dump a baby in a canal"

"I don't think our people are ready to do it again" Karen shakes her head.

"But we got no other choice unless you guys get quick and work on this problem!" I say. "Look, we can't just sit mum and watch the babies being sent to the wrong places. They're babies!! I don't care if our workers are gonna start revolution but it's a way better than getting sued. You got it?"

"So how many babies per day?" Ben asks.

"Make it fifty for now" I order "It wouldn't be much pressure for our employees"

"We'll work on the technical issues and see to it"

"You better be quick" I glare.

Karen nods and walks out of the room. Ben awkwardly nods at me pushes up his glasses and follow Karen.

"All these stuff, bruh!" Toady speaks "I feel like it's Hunter's work"

"I'm sure Hunter is dead, Toady" I mutter sighing.

"What if he isn't, bruh?" Toady gives me the same bored expression and takes off "What if he's alive?"