~Chapter 9~

THIRD POV

"Radio, headlights, breaks." Barley listed to dad, "Tires, rims. I mean, it's hard to tell now, Dad, before I replaced her parts Guinevere was actually kind of a piece of junk." 

"You can say that again." (Y/N) piped in, "She's still a piece of junk!"

"A beautiful piece of junk! Say it (Y/N) 'Guinevere is the most beautiful piece of junk I have ever bestowed my eyes on'!"

"Fine, Guinevere is the most beautiful piece of junk I have ever laid my eyes on."

As the two were squabbling up front, Ian looked down at his list. He sighed and scratched out 'play catch' and 'take a walk'. "Looks like we're not gonna get to do everything today, dad." he murdered, "It's okay. I just wanna meet you. But don't worry, we'll, uh, have you fixed up and back home to see..." 

That's when Ian realized, "Oh man. Mom. (Y/N), Barley, we're not gonna be able to get Dad back in time to see Mom."

The two up front sighed untill Barley broke the silence, "Oh. Well dad, at least you don't have to meet the new guy."

(Y/N) covered up a giggle as she put a finger above her lips mimicking Colt. "So you workin' hard or hardly workin'?" she blurted in her best Colt voice. 

Barley then mocked his laugh and Ian sprang up from his seat in the back. "Barley, Barley, Barley." he impersonated, "Every time there's trouble, I gotta deal with you." 

"Is that your Colt?" Barley asked. 

"Yeah." 

(Y/N) and Barley looked at each other before bursting out in laughter. "You're gonna wanna work on that." (Y/N) chuckled. 

"Well (Y/N) not everybody does impressions like you." Ian snapped holding back a laugh. As the three settled down their laughter, Guinevere made a weird noise. "No, no, no!" Barley pleaded, "Come on old girl!" 

The three made it off the freeway before the van sputtered to a stop. "I thought you said you fixed the van." Ian complained. 

"Relax. Guinevere is fine." Barley soothed, "Her stomach is just a little empty." 

(Y/N) looked at the gas gauge and the arrow was still on full, "It says we have a full tank." 

"No." Barley chuckled. "That doesn't work."

They all got out of the van and Barley held up the container that normally has gas in it. When he shook it, it was mostly empty, "Only a few drops left."

"Is there a gas station?" (Y/N) asked as Barley hopped on top of the van. 

"Nope."

"Is there a magic way to get gas?" Ian squeaked. 

"Oh I like your thinking young mage." As Barley stepped (well, fell off) he held up the book, "Growth spell! We grow the can, and then the gas inside will grow with it."

"Uh, that's kind of a weird idea."

"I know! I like it too!" 

"Okay. Loosen up. Heart's fire. Here we go." Ian started. 

"Woah! It's not that simple." Barley educated but then tapped their dad on the 'shoulder' "This on learns a little magic and thinks he's Shameblefoot the Wonderous am I right dad? A growth spell is a bit more advanced. Not only do you have to speak from your heart's fire, but you also have to follow a magic decree."

"Get on with it Barley." (Y/N) complained, ready go get back on the road again.

Barley rolled his eyes and continued, "It's a special rule that keeps the spell working right. This one states, 'To magnify an object, you have to magnify your attention upon it. While you cast the spell, you can't let anything distract you."

"Okay." Ian breathed, "OW!"

"What?"

"Splinter. Can we sand this thing down?"

"No! It's an ancient staff with magic in every glorious fiber. You can't sand it down."

"GUYS! Ian, do the spell." (Y/N) scolded.

"Alright. Alright. Here we go. Focus."

"Uh..." Barley whispered.

"Is something wrong?" Ian asked from over his shoulder. 

"Sorry, it's just your stance is uh, here." He said as he went over to Ian, "Chin up, elbows out, feet apart, back slightly arched. How's that feel?" 

"Great." Ian said sarcastically. 

Ian focused his vision onto the gas container and took a deep breath, "Magmora Gantuan!" 

The wand lit up blue and the magic started to swirl around. "Don't let the magic spook you." Barley tried to calm. 

The can's size was starting to get bigger but then Barley had to chime in about his stance once again. Ian snapped back at Barley, but he wouldn't shut up. "Barley! Ah forget it!"

Ian turned and the magic shot toward (Y/N) and Barley. Ian sighed when the can was the same size, but then Barley screamed out in a high pitched voice, "IT WORKED! The can is huge!"

Ian looked down in shock to see his brother and sister smaller than the gas container. Barley continued his little happy fest, "And the van is huge! And you're .... Oh, no." 

"What happened?" Ian quizzed. 

"Looks like you shrunk us." (Y/N) pointed out.

"How?"

"Well if you mess up a spell, there are consequences." Barley chimed in.

"I only messed up because you wouldn't stop bothering me." 

"I was trying to help you." 

"Well don't try to help me."

"Oh, okay. Fine. I won't!"

"GUYS! QUIT FIGHTING! We still need gas."

Ian got up from the ground and put his staff in the van and got out their dad's leash. "Hey! Where you going?" Barley asked. 

"To find a gas station."

"Well we're coming too. I can't have my one of my brothers mess something up while separated."

"Fine." Ian sighed and put his hand out for the two to jump on. (Y/N) jumped on and she climbed into Ian's hair. 

"Eew, Ian. Is that dandruff? What is it with you two and not taking showers?"

Ian rolled his eyes and put his hand out for Barley to hop on. "Hey. I don't need your help."

"Fine with me." Ian sighed and the three went on to find a gas station.