1

"Here is your mommy's day card!" I gave my mother a card with a drawing of me and her.

"Oh, thank you, honey." my mother said as she hugged me. We hugged for a long while. As soon as my mother put me down, the front door slammed open. A man with a black beard and long hair burst through the door. He wore a black cloak and had pale skin. I stood up surprised.

"Daddy!" I said running to him and giving him a big hug!

"Mommy loves me, daddy." I said with a mumble.

"Who loves you?" he said.

"Mommy!" I said bursting with excitement.

"I gave her mommy's day card." I said hopping up and down. My mother laughed as she got up to welcome my father. She gave him a kiss.

"Hey, I want one too." I said, They both laughed as my mother bent down and kissed me on my head.

"I love you, Red." my mother said after kissing my head.

"I love you too mommy." I said with a smile. My father bent down so we were face to face.

"So Red. I've got something for you." he stood up and dug into his coat for something. I closed my eyes with excitement.

"All right, open." I opened my eyes to see my father holding a little wooden sword that was just my size.

"Yay, thank you daddy." I said with excitement in my voice. I grabbed the sword and ran outside.

I was swinging the little sword all over the place. Hitting little tree branches. "You know we are going to have to tell him." my mother said.

"I know," said my father.

"But let's not tell him yet. Let's just enjoy a good day." I was swinging the sword, smacking a tree, knocking off a branch. When all of a sudden, I felt hands grab me just above the waist. I gave a great yelp. When I turned around, I saw a horrifying face. He had long white hair with a pale face, it looked as white as his hair.

"Help!" I yelled. My parents ran outside to see me being grabbed by this man!

The last thing I saw was my parents running out of my house. Everything went black from then on.

I woke up in a room with no windows, but a thick metal door. I was lying on a bed chained to the wall. I stood up to see that I was in a dungeon. I was scared. I ran to the door to find that it was locked. "Help, let me out!" I yelled as I smacked the door with all my might.

"Mommy, daddy. Help!" I said with tears in my eyes.

"What's wrong Red?" it was a women's voice behind me.

"Mommy?!"

"Mommy!" I yelled. I ran over and gave her the biggest hug ever. The hug lasted a couple of minutes. She coughed As we were done hugging.

"What's wrong, mommy? Where's daddy?" I said, She stuttered a lot and there was a hesitant sound in her voice.

"Your father. We saw you being taken away and ran after you." she said with a tear running down her face.

"We followed you till we got here. We wanted to find you, so much. But they came with a surprise attack. Y-y-..." she began to cry even more. "Your father is dead!"

I just remember sitting on the bed. I started to cry. My hands were trembling like an earthquake. I was about to cup my head in my hands when I saw blood smithered on them. It was fresh blood too. I looked all over my hands to find a wound. But none were seen. I then realised the only place it could come from was my mother. I looked up at her. Tears were falling down her face. I looked around her to see an arrow sticking out of her hip. I fell to the ground as I examined the arrow.