11

I walk towards his room, noticing the door is wide open. I peck in and he isn't in there. I walk to the master and he isn't in there either. 

"NICK?!"I shout hurrying down the hall to the staircase

I hear nothing and race down the stairs. I notice the backyard wide open. I hurry outside angry, seeing him by the pool. 

"Nick! You aren't supposed to be out of bed!"I hurry to him

"Relax, I just needed air"He sighs 

I walk over "I could have opened the window or taken you to the balcony" 

"I didn't want to bother you"

"It's too late now, you aren't making this easy" 

He looks up at me and glares "I didn't plan for this to happen"

I remove my hands from my hips and sigh. I sit down on the ground next to him "Just next time call me if you want to come downstairs"

He nods and stares at the pool water. I chuckle "Last month Char went to the pool for the first time. She was so worried she would mess up her princess hair"

"That's some special hair"He chuckles softly

I glance around "It's the same, I guess with a few changes"

"I've buried my head in my work. I walk around the house like a zombie Rebbeca.  I haven't had the chance to do anything or order for things to be removed" He winces as he moves to stretch

My heart stings hearing that...too much"I guess we better get you inside, its time for more medicine" 

I stand up and trip on my own foot "Rebbeca!"

I swim to the surface just as another splash happens "Dumb fool! I can swim!"

He comes to the surface "I was trying to help you"

"How?"I laugh as I keep myself above water "Get out, we need to get your bandages changed" 

I pull myself out and turn to help him out carefully. Soakin wet we walk into the house. I help him up the stairs and into his room before he pauses. 

"I think you moved my things into the master"He mentions

I look forward not making eye contact. I move towards the master with him. Entering the closet, I set him on the bench.  I sat him down before reaching for the hems of his shirt. He stares at me as I pull his shirt carefully over his head. I notice his wrap and his abs, ones I love touching and ki-I clear my throat. I ignore my thoughts and remove his wet wrap, taking it off.

"I'll need to grab the wrap"

I walk out, taking a breather. I can't be having thoughts like this! Get together, Amber! I grab his kit before taking it back "Here I gathered your water and medicine"

"Thank you"

I smile softly, I put his wrap on "I need-to uh-remove your pants"I shiver not knowing if its because I'm wet or because of the tho-

"Alright"He states as he stands up

I unbutton his pants and they fall to the ground. He grabs my shoulders and l look up at him. His eyes go darker and I look away "Nick, please"I whisper, He makes a noise in the back of this throat as I take off his boxers quickly. His member near my hands so close I could touch it. I back away quickly and go to the stand where I placed his joggers and boxers. I place my hands on them as he speaks 

"I miss you"He says

"We need to get you back in bed"I ignore him as I grab them

I help him change before taking him to the bathroom so he could do his nightly things. I feel so cold but, I can't leave him alone until he is in bed. I walk into the closet and strip out of my clothes. I grab a shirt of his and slip it on before hurrying back. Once I reach him he is finishing up. He looks up at me through his mirror and looks me up and down. His look still affects me still as my nipples go hard. I look away before speaking up "I was cold and didn-"

"Like old times"He chuckles 

"We need to get you to your bed" He leans on me as I help him to bed. I get him covered before saying night. 

****

I sit down far from him as we sip our coffee. I push my reading glasses up as I look over the paperwork in front of me.

"I mapped it all out. I changed the meetings over till next week. I think it's fair you finish this week off recovering. I sent flowers to the pilot's family along with a check to help out. I gave orders to have everything transferred over to your email so you can answer from there"I list as I look up at him

He looks up at me in awe and I question his look "What?"

"I've never seen you so invested in my work like this before" 

I clear my throat "A habit working with the guys I guess"

"You could come and work for me"He states sitting up more

"I'm not staying here, only until your brother shows up" I stand up "I'll go check on breakfast"

I hurry downstairs leaving him behind. I stop in the middle of the stairs and sit down. Being here brings up memories, ones that love. He is different, he actually talks to me. I wonder what it would be like if Charlie was here? If I never left? Would we have worked it out? Or would it have been the same? I wipe my thoughts away and finish walking down the stairs. The muffins are done in the oven as I pull them out. I get the fruit out of the fridge that I chopped up earlier and place some on the tray. I carefully pull out two banana nut chocolate chip muffins on his tray before pouring more coffee and adding juice. I throw my food on a plate and carefully getting it up the stories. I reach his door and hear him talking on the phone. I walk in carefully and hear that sweet voice.

"Auntie said I could b-but instead she tricked me"Charlie cries

I set the food on the bench as he realizes me. I look up and notice it's MY phone. 

"Maybe she just wasn't ready to go? Why don't you instead put on a show for her? Sing her the song"

I hear her sniffles and want to take the phone from him but, I can't. He looks to be handling it just fine. 

"Can I put on sipstick?"She sniffles

I raise an eyebrow towards and cross my arms as he says yes. I open my mouth in shock as they say goodbye

"You told me you wouldn't let our daughter wear makeup until she was 30?"

"She was crying!"

"She gave you the eyes didn't she?"I laugh

"The same ones you give me when your lady friend visits, it's hard to say no"

I blushed looking away "Don't answer my phone next time" I pause "My phone was over there. Nick I told to stay i-"

"You were downstairs, I was Ok"He rolls his eyes

"You are stubborn"

"What's new?"

I grab his tray and place it on his lap before grabbing my things and walking over to my spot. I take a bite of my muffin when I hear him groan. My legs feel weak as I look up at him.

"I missed your baking," He says

"I'm glad you like it"I coak out

After eating, we get his things in order so he can work. Once he does what he needs to do, I help him have a sponge bath so his stitches aren't disturbed...let me tell you

Holy $h!t......