Seven years ago

*Flashback back*

7 years ago...

Jaanvi's Pov

"Meena Ma!" I called my maid.

"Yes, Princess?" She replied coming inside.

"Can you help me with this dupatta?!" I said as I struggled to pin it on my shoulder.

"Of course, your highness." The old lady smiled and helped me to pin it securely.

"Thank you, Meena ma."
"Your welcome,Princess. Is there anything you'd like my assistant with?" She asked.

"No, thank you. You are off to go." I replied with a polite smile.

She nodded and left.

I went near to the dressing mirror and wore a pair of matching earrings and bangles to complete my look.

I did a little twirl to check how I was looking. I adjusted the embroidery border of the blue dupatta and smoothen the pleats of the long matching skirt, gently.

Before heading for the breakfast in dinner hall, I looked one last time at the mirror to ensure that I look presentable.

"Good morning, Princess." Ms. Kiara, my bodyguard greeted me with a smile.

"Good morning." I replied.

"Ms. Kiara, where's mom and dad?" I asked as I sat on the dinning chair.

"The King is in the office regarding some important work and Queen Rati is attending her meeting with the designers." 

"Okay,"

"My Princess, your breakfast is here." She said as Meena Ma brought the food to the table and served me.

_____

"Meena Ma, is dad here?" I asked sitting on my bed.

"No, your highness— she paused for a moment. "—I think his majesty is here." and then said with a smile.

Happily, I got up from my bed and almost ran to the main hall. I halted when I saw him talking on the phone with someone.

"Yes, Shewta babhi, Jaanvi will be coming to Landon in two weeks for her studies....thank you so much for taking her responsibility until she finishes her education..." His word made me froze.
'I don't want to go there!' I wanted to cry but I didn't, instead I calmly approached him.

"Dad.."

"...Okay, bye.." he concluded the call and averted his attention toward me.

"Yes, Jaanvi?" He asked.

"Umm, Dad, are you sending me away?"

"Yes, but only until you complete your studies..." He said.

"I don't want to go! I want to stay here! With you and mom." I cried.

"Jaanvi don't cry, dear. I-I promise you that I and Rati will be visiting you...now come here.." he opened his arms for me with a smile.

I wiped my tears with the back of my hand and hugged him.
______

"Rajnandini?!!" I heard my best friend Abhiuday calling me.