Chapter 5

Chapter 5 | How'd You Do It

-

"I'm so tired," I yawned, leaning back onto the bench, staring at my reflection at the huge mirror in front of me.

"Well you were out for two hours last night and you stayed up on your laptop for about an hour and you woke up at 7 today only to go for vocal training for around 3 hours," Hayi said, raising her eyebrows. "You're bound to get tired,"

I sighed at her calculations, I can't believe I'm saying this but I'd rather go attend school.

"Well, I am now a trainee of YG Entertainment," I said before gulping down some water.

"Which is why you need to start managing your time well," Hayi uttered. "Besides, does it take you that long to call your parents?"

I wonder if I should tell her about last night.

"Unnie, wanna get some food?" I asked her. "We need to fill ourselves up before dance practice,"

She stood up and nodded her head.

"You still haven't answered my question," she nudged.

"Well first of all,"

~* Flashback ~*

"Hyung!" Hanbin called out.

"Unnie!" a rather familiar voice called from the side.

"Oh! Suhyun," I said walking over to her.

I turned around to see Hanbin with Bobby and Jinhwan, and a few other boys sitting around the table.

"Oppa," I called out for Bobby, when all of them turned to face my direction instead.

There was an awkward silence until Hanbin started laughing.

"Yah, you're the maknae here so you should have just said 'Bobby oppa'," Hanbin laughed.

"How did you know," I tilted my head.

"He's the only oppa here that you know," he squinted his eyes.

I raised an eyebrow, did he forget about Jinhwan's existence? Tsk, to call himself a leader.

"I've only been here for less than a week and I know you're members more than you do," I looked down on him.

"We're the same age and you called me sunbae, what more for Jinhwan,"

I kept quiet as he made a point. I could see him smugging at the corner of the room. I shot him a glare, only causing him to smile even wider.

"Yah, you two," one of the guys said. "Bickering like kids, this is a place to eat food!"

"Ayy, Mino-hyung, you aren't any better," Bobby scoffed, along with everyone else.

"You tried Mino," another one of them said, patting his back.

I looked over at Bobby, his mouth hanging open, but no sound coming out. His eyes, creasing themselves forming an eye smile.

I couldn't help but smile at him, that contagious smile.

"Unnie, introduce yourselves to them," Suhyun said, still trying to regain her sanity.

We introduced ourselves to each other and I found out that three of them, Mino, Seunghoon and Taehyun were from another trainee boy group, Winner, and the other guy, Chanhyuk was Suhyun's brother.

We all ate altogether instead and we got to know each other better. I found out that Winner and iKON all actually trained together only until November as Sajang finally decided that it would be better to spilt them up into groups. At first they were upset about it, but then they realised that they would still be seeing each other in the company.

 ~* End of Flashback ~*

 "After we finished eating, Bobby volunteered to wait for me until I finished calling my parents since Hanbin and Jinhwan wanted to add some last minute practises for today's monthly evaluations,"

Hayi nodded her head in silence.

"Oh!" She looked over to the door. "Food's here,"

I quickly stood up and ran to the delivery guy when I realised that my pockets were empty. I forgot to bring my wallet with me.

"It's okay I'll pay,"

Hayi must have noticed my face in panic as she walked over to her bag and took out some money from her wallet.

"Thanks so much, I'll treat next time," I thanked her.

She just smiled at me and walked back to the benches.

I opened up the plastic covers to open up our food and was happy to see the kimbap inside.

We took a seat and took one roll each.

"Wah, this is good," I exclaimed.

Hayi nodded her head silently.

Even though I have only known Hayi 2 days, I could tell she was the chic type of person. On our first day together, we barely spoke to each other and even if we did, it would only last for a while.

"But the thing is," Hayi mumbled.

I looked up to her, still eating the roll.

"Hanbin doesn't seem like an easy person to talk to," she paused. "I mean, even while staying still, it's like he's tryna devour your soul, or something,"

I stopped chewing at her remark.

"I mean during the dance practice we had, he didn't even say much as Bobby or Junhoe,"

"Well, you have a point," I nodded.

"So what was your.. strategy?" she blurted.

"What do you mean," my eyes widened at her question.

"You know, he has that cold and intimidating  image, but how did you manage to even joke around with him in less than a day of knowing him,"

I was silent for a while. I didn't know how to answer that, which made me think how I did. He does look fierce at first meeting, but I did manage to treat him like a friend. I don't know how, but I just did.

"Well, maybe it's just his looks,"

I took another bite when I realised that I had bitten my finger instead.

Hayi remained quiet and just looked into blank space, before letting out a sigh.

"Guess so,"

She took one last bite if her roll and stood up.

"Let's keep this for snack,"

I nodded and walked over to the tableside and picked up my bag.

"But Naomi, do you have some past with Bobby?" Hayi asked.

"What do you mean, he was my senior," I answer back.

Did she find out?

I looked over at the clock and realised that it was time for language lessons.

"We're gonna be late for class," I said making my way to the door. 

"You're definitely going to get an advantage at this," Hayi nudged as we walked out of the studio.

"Don't worry, I'll help you," I laughed.

Because I spent almost 6 years in the Philippines, my mom had me take up Chinese as my 3rd language, I don't think I would have troubles learning it again here. Although, I think we would have to learn Japanese first, which I wouldn't mind either, since my Bobby taught me the basics when he took it back in Virginia.

Good old times.

~*

A/N:

Hey guys! Sorry that there weren't any iKON members in here, but how is it possible to include them in every single chapter :"-))

And I'm not sure when I will ever find wifi ever again after this week so, you have been warned and IM TRULY SORRY FOR ALL OF THISS!! :/

Hope you all have a splendid day today, tomorrow and forevermore!!