XIX: After the Fall

GIANNA

I woke up with my naked body covered in black sheets, but the bed was void of King and his warmth. I furrowed my brow and sat up, covering my chest.

I found that it was still night, and found him standing at the window lost in thought, "King?"

He didn't show me any acknowledgment at first, but soon spoke, "Don't call me that."

I smiled at this and eventually found the white shirt he'd offered me earlier, along with the pants, before approaching him.

He was bare-chested, leaving him in only his pajama bottoms. I wrapped my arms around him, "Zion."

I felt him release a deep silent sigh at this, and I allowed my hands to roam over his chest. I placed my cheek against his back, beginning to doze off.

I barely remembered him carrying me back to the bed and covering me up, but not feeling him rest beside me woke me back up.

I turned onto my side and found him back at his spot, "You need to sleep."

Zion shook his head, "men like me don't sleep, Gianna."

I smiled and held my hand out, "Zion."

His eyes slid over to mine before I sat up and held out both arms to him. He stared at me before eventually accepting, wrapping his strong arms around me and making me whole again.

I pulled him onto the bed and he fell beside me with a smile, "You played me."

I nodded proudly before kissing him, "You need rest."

With that, I turned my back to him and pressed myself against him comfortably. I felt Zion wrap and arm around me and cover us up. His lips found the nape of my neck and he revisited the marks he'd made earlier that night before we drifted off together.