The Beginning

*~Amber~*

I felt nothing as I protected my siblings from the shooter. My father, to be exact. I went numb as he kept firing, his anger not yet diminished. I gave my siblings one final smile as I went down, reassuring that it was all going to be okay. "Goodbye. I'll see you everywhere and nowhere, yeah?" And with that, I was gone.

Protect the Wild People and Thorin Oakensheild.

I woke up, not expecting to see what I saw. I saw a clear, bright blue sky. I turned my head, and saw that I was laying on soft, green grass. I sat up, and was surprised to not feel any pain. I looked around, and saw the familiar body of my sister, Abigail. I call her Abby for short.

I stood, and went to wake her. She woke immediately, and blinked at me, confused. I smiled, and said "We'd better get moving."

100 years later(Amber:118 Abigail:115)

As we had traveled over the years, we found that Abby was half dwarf, half elf. She was roughly the height of a human, but had the grace of an elf, and a strong interest in weapons and forging. She made extremely well crafted weapons, for which I praised her for. She also had diplomacy skills, and was great with people.

I, on the other hand, was mixed between a dwarf, elf, wolf, and possibly angel. It was the only thing that explained my wings. I had wolf ears and tail, and was about the same height as a very tall dwarf. I was okay with that, because it meant that I was taller then most dwarves.

I was fairly quiet, and didn't like people a whole ton, granted a few. When I sang, my sister told me I had the voice of an angel. But you would never guess that from how I talked. I loved my sister fiercely, and would protect her until my very last breath.

We heard a legend passing through a town about me once.

A half-breed with strange features,

Wolf ears, tail, and wings,

Shall aid the King Under the Mountain,

And restore him to his throne.

She'll fall in love with him,

Through many hardships,

And her kind shall multiply,

She'll help the Wild People,

And other's in need.

A week later

Me and Abby had just made camp when everyone's favorite wizard showed up. "Hi Gandalf!" Abby greeted. "Hello Abigail." Gandalf said. "How would you two like to go far an adventure?" We shared a look.

"Sure. Where and when?" said Abby as she turned back towards Gandalf. He smiled. "At the Shire, two weeks from now. You'll know it when you see it." And just like that, he disappeared.

Two weeks later

We had been wandering the Shire for about an hour, until I finally spotted the house that we were required in. Abby knocked on the door while I watched our backs. There had been voices speaking inside, but they went quiet when they heard Abby.

A hobbit opened the door, and Abby smiled. "Abigail Aiken, at your service." she said, bowing. I turned around, and quietly said "Amber Aiken, at your service." The hobbit smiled. "Bilbo Baggins, at yours. Would you please put your things here?" "Certainly." Abby said. She set her things down, as did I, although I kept two of my many daggers on me. My wings, ears, and tail had been hidden the entire time I had been in the Shire.