Intense

Luce POV

The faint lingering lilac sky fading into the shadow. As if it was a routine, the shimmering sparkles of star brilliantly silhouetted into the darkness. A trembling gush of wind inaudibly drifted across the skyline. As the tedious day sluggishly came to an end the lingering light was obliterated by the rapidly falling night.

I went out to the courtyard. The night was clear. I tilted my head skyward I could see clearly millions of bright stars dotted on the black canvas of night, yet none of that light seemed to filter far enough down to make any difference when I turned my eyes away. It was beautiful to say the least.

I walked towards Cams dorm that was on the other side of sword and cross. My hair fluttered in the air, my clothes clung to my body and I tightly wrapped my arms around me. The cold wind stroking my skin. I was just wearing my night dress and nothing more. Everyone was asleep.

I approached Cams door knocking quietly. My eyes plastered to the floor, i stared at my slippers. The cold wind threw my hair around aimlessly.

When Cam didn't answer the door I quickly walked away. I watched my feet take steps across the glossy tiles my mind focused on the gentle footsteps that seemed to echo throughout the silence.

"Luce" cam says whispering.

I turn around beaming glancing at a smiling shirtless cam.

His smile was one of happiness growing, much as a spring flower opens. I could see how it came from deep inside to light his eyes and spread into every part of him. A person smiles with more than their mouth, and I heard it in his voice, in the choice of his words and the way he relaxed. It was beautiful.

"I'm sorry were you sleeping" I ask somewhat guilty waking him up.

"I'm an insomniac" Cam replies quickly smiling.

The way his lips lifted upward. The way his one dimple crinkles. The way his teeth are perfectly aligned. The warm glow his happiness gives.

"Me too" I look down my gaze plastered on the floor.

Cam was half shadow, every muscle on his torso flowing from the light into the dark. He was a living work or art, his skin so tempting to touch; every move giving away his strength. His eyes were locked onto me. Unmoving.

"Would you like to come in" Cam says smiling.

"Yes" I say too quickly making Cam smirk.

The room was blue with beautiful murals on the wall, hand painted by someone who knew what they were doing. Cam was artistic? The scene was of the stilt walkers that cruise down the streets in the winter festival. The colours are like nothing else, vibrant, strong. The bedroom was furnished on a meagre budget but if was full of more warmth than Clara had seen in many years.

"Wow" I say my eyes full of wonder and excitement.

I reverently rubbed my fingers along the silken mattress.

Cam was watching me intently somewhat mesmerised. His body rested against the wall gazing at my every movement.

"May I" I said motioning towards the bed.

"Go for it" Cam says quickly smiling at me.

I press my cheek to the cool, velvet pillows. The comforter was thick and irresistibly soft, like a billowing cloud. It smelled amazing, fresh Cotten.

I pat the space next to me motioning for Cam to sit beside me.

Cam slowly sits down. Silence engulfed the room.