Prologue

Once upon a time there used to live creatures, part wolf and part human, deep in the woods and unknown to the human world. Those creatures, commonly known as werewolves lives in packs being lead by their leader also known as there Alpha. Second to the Alpha comes the Beta, acting as the right hand and on the left hand is the third in command, the Gamma. Those are the three highest rank in the hierarchy of a pack. After them comes the warriors. They are wolves with more strength than regular wolves but not stronger than the three ranks.

During centuries it was know that only true alphas, pure alpha genes running in the blood of the wolf qualifies them to be the leader of the pack. This only happens when an alpha and his true mate have offsprings.

However, those genes have been tainted over the years. The alphas were losing more and more of their alpha genes as they were mated to other wolves that aren't their true mate. For some lucky people, those genes were only suppressed.

This went on for a few decades and by then the Alphas weren't as powerful as they used to be. In a pack, a warrior deeming himself more powerful than its alpha challenged him. With the alpha's tainted blood, the warrior won and the alpha was reduced to be a mere wolf in its own pack.

This was unheard of and the news had quickly travelled from pack to pack which solicited in a revolution where warriors started challenging their alphas and taking the title of their leader.

However, in a particular pack, this never happened. The alpha remained alpha and the warriors remained warriors.