0.1

"Get out"

What? Why would she tell me that, we were just-

"GET. OUT." Her outburst made me jump a little shooken by her volume and change in demeanor. Why is she doing this? We were- i thought we were finally.... Okay.

"Get out you FREAK!"  She threw my shirt at me, grabbing me by the elbow shoving me out of her room. Almost tripping. The dimly lit hallway of her massive house was so empty. So lonely. I guess because we were the only two home. 

I couldn't help but express my confusion. Eyebrows furrowed and mouth puckered. The same lips that she was attacking a few seconds ago. The same lipgloss stained set.

"Don't you ever come back her.
You freak." Even though her words were angry, her eyes held so much sadness. Glossy. As if she was going to breakdown any minuet. Maybe she was disgusted by kissing me. Maybe she regrets doing it. Should i say sorry?

"But-"

She slams the door in my face. I finally cover myself with the same old gray stripped sweater.  And; like the idiot i am; i just stared at the big white wooden door. With pink cursive painted on. I even trace my fingertips over the name tag. Like i was tracing her body mere seconds ago.

Jennie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Twenty minute bus ride and twelve blocks in the pouring rain was enough to leave me completely soaked by the time i hit home. I looked pitiful from a strangers point of view. And in their defence, i was. I take out my phone and turn my playlist off, taking a peak at the time.

9:27 pm.

On a school night.

And before i can even knock on the door (because i lost my apartment key months ago) as if on que.

"What the hell Maka. It's damn near midnight and you have school tomorrow morning. What is your excuse and why should i let you in my home?" There goes the 4'11 aggressive asian women i would die for. If i don't respond quickly she will not hesitant to beat like i was her own child. Basically am. Been with her since i was 10  Time flies really. Like just yesterday i was asking her how the hell a tampon worked. 8 years and counting might i add.

"Have you been out with Jay? You know I don't like that boy. He always has you in trouble." Of course she thinks my best friend is the reason for my absence. You show up once at 3 AM smelling like weed and $45 worth of convenient store snacks and you're branded for life. We were just working on music. I had some new beats i wanted him to spit a verse on. So we got sidetracked when loco came through with a blunt. It happens.

"Well...." She starts the sentence expecting me to finish.

But all i could do was stare at her.  Trying so hard to talk and explain myself but all I could do was shiver from my cold, wet attire. I hate how my sweater and jeans are so heavy now because of the water. My legs can give out any second.

"Come in." She makes room for me to squeeze into the two bedroom apartment. Its hot in the living room and i can see a pot cooking in the small kitchen. Smells good. Could it be?

"Made your favorite. Too bad you weren't here at 6 like you said you would be. Pak ate all the macaroons." Pak is a little pig. Goat really. Eats everything and anything.

"Im sorry." I say slightly above a whisper. My voice horse and broken. I haven't spoken in two weeks. I had to talk during a school project. I'm not mute or anything. I just have a hard time getting my words together. I don't know why.