Track Three

"It was probably just a summary of all the times we were in each other's presence. There were some key elements to which a situation would make itself necessary to remember. We always saw it coming, we knew we'd always end up in that situation and we always knew how to actually end it ourselves. It would be with one of those questions which defined my acquaintance to the times spent at his place. 

Nights at his apartment did ignite the spark of inspiration for those lyrics. Whenever we'd find ourselves in a heap together, engulfed in darkness from those blinds and tossing drinks back and forth at each other. In the early morning, when some guests were still present, All we would do was entangling ourselves deep within conversation, admiring the words that tumbled out of our beautiful mouths. We practically ignored everyone else around us.

Then it would always hit him hard, the realisation that I'd have to part with him, that is. I was of course the last to leave, seeing as I was his number one priority. You could see it in those sparkly little diamond eyes of his, that he seemed rather gutted. To ease the mood I'd always leave him with the same sentence that never failed me, forming slurred from my mouth; 'Will you pour me one for the road?'"