Chapter One: Mt. Ebott

Prologue

(Y/N) (L/N) is a 17-year-old senior, who lives in Ebott city and attends, you guessed it, Ebott high school.

No one really talked to her that much but when they did, it was always insults. Whenever she walked around the school she could always her them muttering insults under their breath towards her.

Little did they know, she wasn't as deaf as they thought, and always knew when they were talking about her. Every insult felt like another rub of salt into the wounds they created.

The wounds they made weren't just mental either. They would often jump her after school. Especially Karen and her group of all the school's thots (creative😉).

Chapter One

One day she was done with everyone. She spent the whole day at school getting tripped by people and laughed at by everyone.

When the last bell rang for the day, (Y/N) hightailed it out of there. Once she was a few blocks from the school, walking down a neighborhood street, and she finally realized the sound of heels were clicking towards her.

(Y/N) kept walking and ignored the approaching horde of school thots. She knew a beating would ensue.

She didn't cry out when Karen grabbed her hair and pulled her down to the ground. She knew they would hit her harder if she made any noise.

(Y/N) laid on the ground while they kicked her, punched her, pulled her hair, and spit on her.

"Bitch!"

Kick

"Loser!"

Kick

"Orphan!"

That one hit home. It was true. (Y/N) was living alone ever since her parents died, and she had no family to take her in.

The attacks stopped. (Y/N) looked up. The girls were running off, and an old man was yelling at them to get off her. He came over and gently lifted (Y/N) to her feet.

"Are you okay, young lady?" He asked gently. She looked at him and replied nonchalantly. "This happens every day. I'm used to it." He looked at her sadly.

"Well, get home safe, alright?" He said calmly. (Y/N) nodded and thanked him and finally, headed on her way home.

She arrived at her small apartment that she was living in. (Y/N) would be homeless if her parents weren't great friends with the landlord. So she had a place to live, and got the landlord's old furniture occasionally.

When (Y/N) entered her apartment, her dreariness caught up with her, and she collapsed against the wall in her main room. She heard a heavy thump.

(Y/N) looked down to the floor and saw that she had knocked a book off the bookshelf. She stepped closer to examine it. It was a faded green book with a gold title.

"The Legend Of Mt. Ebott"

(Y/N) sunk to the ground next to it and picked it up. She skimmed through the pages. Monsters, Great War, Humans Victorious, Sealed Underground, yada yada yada. She flipped back to the first page to close it and put it away, but a single phrase stood out.

"They say those who climb the mountain never return..."

This intrigued (Y/N) very much. Then she had an idea. A terrible, horrible idea. An idea so bad, she knew she would never return.

So, (Y/N) made a plan. Tonight, under the cover of moonlight, she would hike up the mountain and jump into the Ebott pit.

Of course, she didn't plan to make it all the way up without nothing, so she packed all her necessities. She didn't know how long the trip would take. She packed a brush, deodorant, a change of clothes just in case, a flashlight, a pocket knife to protect herself from wild animals, a few bottles of water, and a few granola bars.

She also packed her valuables, because she would rather die with them rather let them get sold off at a pawnshop. She packed her phone, a charger, and her Bluetooth earbuds. She could never forget the photos of her parents. She also packed the most important thing of all, her (Parent's Lucky Item).

(Y/N) sat in her small apartment for hours, waiting for the sun to set and the moon to come out. She gathered her remaining money so she could call a taxi because her apartment was the furthest from the mountain, all the way on the other side of town.

8:00 P.M.

After a quick meal of the last food in her apartment a few hours ago, she sat out on her porch and waited for the taxi she called ten minutes ago to arrive.

(Y/N) made sure she had everything once the taxi driver pulled up. All he asked was destination, which was a diner in front of the mountain.

The taxi arrived in 20 minutes, and the price wasn't that bad. She still had $10 left over, maybe she could get something at the diner, as it was a 24 hour diner.

After she got out of the taxi, she approached the small diner. 'Dotty's' the sign read in flowing yellow script. (Y/N) walked in and was hit by the smell of coffee and cigarettes.

She walked up to the bar and took a seat. No one dared to talk to her in her state. She had a black eye and a busted lip, and walked with a slight limp.

When the kind waitress asked for her order, she just asked for (Favorite Food) to go. The waitress handed her the to-go box with a smile and asked for $10 exactly, noticing that was all she had clutched in her hand. (Y/N) smiled back and thanked her as she handed over the money.

8:40 P.M.

(Y/N) walked slowly out the door and found the trail between some trees that led up the mountain. The trail wound around the mountain halfway before being cut off by a chain-link fence.

10:00 P.M.

(Y/N had reached where the path ran into the chain-link fence, she walked all the way around the mountain, this part of the mountain faced the ocean rather that the city, and it was beautiful.

The path was cut off at the fence, but it broke off into a smaller path that lead to a small field of wildflowers overlooking the sparkling ocean. (Y/N) decided to have a break there.

She sat in the grass and decided to eat her (Favorite Food). Thank the stars the waitress gave her silverware. So she sat there, eating in the moonlight, in a field overlooking the ocean with the grass gently swaying around her.