prologue

» "When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is to far, and no one can ever tear them apart." «

Lesson #1: Never let go.

Dedicated to: jenzieforlife101 & brysonheart & jenztingz & iconicorlando & Jenziendgame & kinkykenzie . These are just some usernames off the top of my head that are absolutely lovely. I'm sorry I couldn't fulfill my dedication promise from the last chapter but there was a ridiculous amount of comments and I couldn't figure out how to remember to tag you all! But leave a nice comment and I'll dedicate a chapter to a couple more of you next time :)

A/N ~ First chapter... here we go! I hope you enjoy this chapter which gives a little context for the story. Lots of loveeee

I will post again when this reaches 115 votes & comments <3

POV: Mackenzie Ziegler

˚✧₊⁎༄

˚✧₊⁎༄

Trees, leaves and everything growing beside the road whipped by as Maddie and I high tailed it to the airport, exceeding the legal speed limit by far. Everything blurred, displaying a kaleidoscope of blue, green, and brown. I was crying, of course, water dripping down my cheeks, and my nose, and my chin.

But how could I not, when the person I loved most in the world was attempting to leave without a goodbye?

I started sobbing, and Maddie slowed, putting a hand on my thigh.

"Kenz..." She trailed off, voice strained, unknowing of what to say.

I thought about how terrible I was going to feel if he left for real and I was unable to convince him to stay.

"Drive faster." I managed to get out. "Please."

Mere minutes later, we finally reached the building. I squirmed in my seat, trying to see if any planes were taking off or were driving on the tarmac. Maddie paid the parking meter, swearing profusely when she dropped all her change, and I tapped my fingers, wiped my face rid of tears and gritted my teeth. When the parking meter was paid, she accelerated furiously, heading round the bend and braking in front of the airports wide doors.

"Go," She said, "And for fucks sake, make him stay."

I untangled myself from my seat belt, opened the door and jumped out, my legs suddenly feeling like they were made out of jelly. Stumbling, I ran through the doors, pushing myself into the throng of people.

It was rude, but I pushed, elbowed and stomped my way out of the crowd until I was standing in front of the departures board. And right there, at the top of the list, was Afghanistan. I almost fainted, but with the remaining strength I had, I looked at the gate, righted myself in the right direction, and ran. My hair flew out behind me, as did my dress. My legs were numb, lungs burning, and cheeks cold as my tears came straight into contact with the air, but it was as if I couldn't process it. A steely determination had come over me and I could only pray it wouldn't crash at my feet when I found him.