Reputations

Chapter 3
Raven Queen

    The full moon was up tonight as the billowing wind was calm, ready to set the festive mood that blindered any definition of suspicion. Even though it was evening, the sky still insisted on wearing it's purple-orange silk dress while the moon stayed hidden in embarrassment. It was safe to say that tonight, at least for me, was something special. The odds could be in our favor for once.

    Dexter's blue eyes reflected the sky, pumped for anything that could happen. One of life's precious moments.

    The two of us just walked out of the theater, still munching on the bittersweet popcorn we bought and stealing some from each other.

    " Grab your own, Charming!" I pulled my bag away from his hands, but he still insisted on "helping" me finish.

    " Come on, you know you can't finish. You're a very slow eater."

    "Uhm, are you exposing me? Shut up!" I hit him. He had unlocked a personality of mine I didn't know I had.

    "By the time we reach that ramen place you'll still have that bag of popcorn with you!"

    " Maybe I could sneak some into my ramen..." I snarked, then spit out some popcorn crumbs in laughter.

    " Ramen with popcorn? You're being too rebellious." Dexter was able to snatch away my popcorn. At that point I turned angry.

    " Give me that back!" I jumped on him as he laughed. His face immediately changed as he halted to a stop. I stopped as well, struggling to get my popcorn though. Yet when I got my bag, he didn't react, so I turned to face the front.

    " Oh my Grimm, what happened here?" I walked forward, simultaneously throwing away the bag of popcorn in the trash. Police tape surrounded the building, in which I soon made out was a bar. Neon lights spelled out "The Wishing Well Bar" and the police cars flashing their red and blue lights only added to the decor. The two of us stayed around to see the Fairy Police take out three people out of the bar. I looked at Dexter, who looked even more worried than I. Did someone from our school get arrested?

    " Is that Faybelle?" Dexter squinted. "Do you think Briar's with her?"

    " I hope not, but probably." I bit my lip.

    The two had just come out with their arms around each other and wobbling left to right. They seemed like they were sneaking away from the scene, as if they had a part in the crime.

    After so, Dexter and I decided to head back to our dorms, we both decided that it was a very long day and it was best if we went straight to our beds. Tomorrow, the weekend would be over and Monday would be on our backs again. When we reached our dorms we both wished each other "goodnight" and waved awkwardly at each other. 

     I closed the door after entering the room, and how stupid of me, I just noticed Briar and Faybelle sitting on two chairs with their arms crossed. The second thing I noticed was Apple close to screaming. I guess I just went deaf for a second because Apple began yelling at me once I stepped foot.

    " Raven, how could you!" Apple shouted as Faybelle rolled her eyes.

    " W-Whut?" I blinked twice, a shock reaction to the sudden change in volume.

    " How could you not tell me that you saw Briar and Faybelle at the scene!" I could see the change in Apple's no longer pale skin. She was turning bloodshot red, so I took a step back. Another stupid move since now I was backed up to a wall with no where to go.