CHAPTER FIFTY: A LETTER YOU'LL NEVER READ.

Warnings: Symptoms of a dissociative episode are described in moderate detail. Please DON'T read this chapter if you will be triggered by this. As always, your mental health is more important than this story. 

Also, side note: I'd appreciate it if you didn't bully Corrin for this chapter. (Go wild with Zelda though, she fuckin' deserves it)

Corrin's knuckles hurt, but he didn't really feel it. Even as he stared directly at the split skin that was slowly bleeding and the way a bruise was slowly appearing around the edges of the bleeding wounds. He couldn't even form a fist with his right hand anymore, but he didn't care.

He just stared blankly at his fucked up hand, feeling more and more like he was just a spectator watching all of this unfold before him. Outside noises were hazy and it was almost as if he was underwater, but again he didn't care. Couldn't care.

Everything was just... numb.

Zelda's voice- at least, he was pretty sure that was Zelda's voice, it was hard to tell through the fog in his head- suddenly cut through the space and he looked up, the movement sluggish and robotic feeling, almost as if he was a puppet being forced to obey someone else's whims.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Zelda shouted.

Who was she yelling at? Corrin didn't know. Was he supposed to know? He didn't know that either. All he knew was the numbness and slight sting of his (probably) broken knuckles.

The muffled response didn't make any sense in his head, so he didn't know how the other person defended themselves.

He got the vague feeling that there was someone who was supposed to be here. Someone who was supposed to be next to him. But he felt so disconnected from everything that he couldn't remember who that was supposed to be.

"He's dead and it's your fault!"

Zelda's voice was very clear for some reason. He could hear her but not whoever she was yelling at. Why was that?

A little bit of light glinted off her hair in a way that was familiar to him, but in a detached sort of way. Whoever she was angry at was just outside of his field of vision- it was awfully blurry for some reason, why was that?

She was pointing at him now and saying something, but she had lowered her voice now and it was really hard to hear her. Something about a wall... hm. Had he done something wrong? If he had, he couldn't remember it for the life of him. Maybe he ought to be worried about the blood, but his hand hurt to move and some vague part of him prevented him from moving it any more than he absolutely had to.

A little bit of light glinted off her hair in a way that was familiar to him, but in a detached sort of way. Whoever she was angry at was just outside of his field of vision- it was awfully blurry for some reason, why was that?

She was pointing at him now and saying something, but she had lowered her voice now and it was really hard to hear her. Something about a wall... hm. Had he done something wrong? If he had, he couldn't remember it for the life of him. Maybe he ought to be worried about the blood, but his hand hurt to move and some vague part of him prevented him from moving it any more than he absolutely had to.

Faintly, he was aware of someone moving across the room and coming to sit in front of him, and then their hand was on his shoulder and he only felt more severely separated from his body, unable to do anything as he smacked the person's hand away with his left hand and curled into himself like he could just hide away and nobody would notice him.

Go away go away go away

Did he speak the thoughts or did they remain unsaid, bouncing around in his skull like so many bullets off of rubber walls? He couldn't tell, and he couldn't hear or even properly see who was in front of him anymore.