Chapter 17- Truly the truth

I woke up suddenly. I looked around and saw Peter by my side. 

"Hey. I uhh... I was going to give this to you yesterday, but... it looked like you were kinda... tired?" He said with a laugh. 

I looked at everything he gave me and remembered all the memories we made together. The Chinese food, the ice cream, and even the sand! They all brought back so many sweet memories! "Peter thank you so much! You didn't have to do all this!"

"Yes, I did! Oh! I almost forgot about this!" He handed me a spoon for the ice cream, so I gladly accepted. I opened the tub of ice cream and began eating as he talked. "Listen... Y/n... I couldn't help but realize that..."

"That what?"

"You don't seem like yourself!"

"What do you mean?"

"You... You look like yourself, but... you're not the same! You're... chill! What happened to the spunky young woman?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize that you don't like me like this."

"That's not it! C'mon Y/n!"

"What's wrong with being chill?"

"There's nothing wrong with it! It's just that... it's not you! I just want you to know that... no matter what happened in your coma, during your death, or even during your experiment, you should stay the same beautiful you! And if something did happen, please tell me!"

After that, Peter finally left the room. "Was I really that different?" I kept thinking to myself.

I kept thinking about what Thanos said. He said I could rule the world! I mean... that was pretty tempting. I tried to sit myself up but went back down when I felt the pain in my abdomen. Sam came into the room with a tray of food. Probably some breakfast. 

"Hey. How are we feeling today?"

"Umm, still in pain!" I said with a laugh. 

"Well, I uh, brought you some breakfast! Just some of your favorite cereal and yogurt!"

"Thank you, Sam," I said accepting the tray. I began eating the food he gave me. Just as I was halfway through the cereal, Rocket came in. 

"Hey, Rocket."

"Hey, Y/n. How are you feeling?"

"Not too good. Everything is so sore and... almost dead."

"You look a lot better than from when I saw you first."

"Oh..."

"You really scared me that day. When I saw your face, I couldn't tell the difference between a zombie and you. The life was being drained from you."

I wiped away a tear and kept listening.

"I saw your eyes and was immediately scared. You were scared. But you know what else I saw? I saw anger! Why?"

"I guess I was just mad at the doctors..."

"No. If you were that mad at the doctors, you would have fought from the beginning. You saw something! Why won't you just tell me?"

"Fine! You wanna know! I saw Thanos. And Luca."

"But Thanos is dead?"

"Yeah and so is Luca. When I was dead for those four hours, I went to this beach where I found Luca. He told me my parents were alive."

"Well, that's great news!"

"No. My parents are murderers. They are hunting me down."

"Oh!"