one

hi 💜

____________

Jeongguk was well aware of his worth.

He didn't need to be told.

It was an underlying understanding, a mutual acknowledgement that his peers kept on the lay-low. There was always this silent thought in the back of his head, this tranquil 'whats the point?' that came with every argument he had, behind every action that he took. He had to think twice before doing anything around here. If it wasn't to his direct benefit, then there'd be no point. Disadvantaged? Definitely. Doing things that were unnecessary and getting involved in business that didn't concern him would only risk his neck and everyone else at the brothel for that matter.

He was used to being used, a body to played with for pleasure, to be discarded and bored of when men and women grew tired of him, it was fate, really. If you called it that. Jeongguk would tell you that he had no future. Nothing to save him from this eternal storm in his heart. A storm that only grew stronger with each cigarette that he smoked as time passed by and he grew from a boy to a man. Each tendril of ash that settled in the pit of his chest did nothing but brutally reinforce the severity of his occupation and what it would remain as for the rest of his life.

Should the circumstances arise that he ran out of money for college, his position would be permanent.

He most probably would.

Yoongi would be reluctant, of course. He'd say 'oh Jeongguk you stupid boy, save up.' and Jeongguk being Jeongguk, wouldn't listen to him.

He'd pay every penny back to Yoongi if it were the last thing he did. If that meant that he had to live on the streets for the rest of his life, then so be it. He'd do exactly that.

He hated being in debt to people.

Yoongi was the only person he had to financially worry over  till about last week.

He hadn't had to worry about anything before Kim Taehyung's arrival really.

The boy was confused more than anything.

If he was going to claim his land, he'd take it to court, or he'd trample all over this palace in a heartbeat. The man had so much power he could shut Baekhyun's brothel down in the blink of an eye, he could throw everyone out and demolish the building and the authorities wouldn't bat an eyelash. They wouldn't dare question someone with a position at the very top of the hierarchy like that.

They wouldn't dare question Kim Taehyung.

Yet he hadn't.

He'd given them 'another chance.' and that 'other chance' was Jeongguk.

Why him of all people?

What would he do that no one else could? If he was going to ask for his body then that would be understanding, he'd had many clients like him. But he didn't. He didn't ask for money or him. What did Kim Taehyung want with Jeongguk? There had to be something else.

An explanation, a reason, just something to stop his thoughts devouring his mind.

You see, Jeongguk had a lot of time on his hands to think.

Let it be moments he had his head shoved in a pillow getting drilled by some stinky old man, or riding some teenage dick that was more on the flaccid side of things. He had time to cast his mind to every corner of the world. Explore everything.

Usually, he'd recite the versus of his poems, it's when his creative juices would be flowing the most. He'd let them take over his brain, block out the pain in his lower region, block out the sting of their nails digging into his hips, their hands grabbing at his hair, the rough slap of skin against his own as they continued pounding. He let them. At least he had himself and his mind.