Too Close

Agents Curt Mega and Owen Carvour had grown close. Very close, in the eyes of their respective governments. A.S.S. and MI6 knew that Carvour and Mega worked well together. Alone, they were good, but together they were unstoppable. So they were almost always put on missions together.

What the Secret Service governments didn't know was truly how close Carvour and Mega had become. Closer than partners, much closer than friends. After a while it was obvious it might be dangerous to keep them together until they found out exactly what was going on.

Of course, both Curt and Owen knew what they were to each other. Homosexual lovers, something definitely illegal. Yet the two could not stop loving each other. Every mission was dangerous, not just because of the obvious, and they were nearly caught many times.

One time was too close. Curt and Owen were in a safe house after a mission that almost went wrong at every turn, but somehow the two managed to get out alive and with a success. They had to keep off the radar, though, and stay in a safe house for at least a week.

At first the two knew it would be a good idea to not let their relationship be showing too much, as they were both worried other Agents were watching them. So they didn't risk it at all, acting only as friends should and not getting closer than necessary.

Both of them were obviously very upset by this, but they knew they had to hide their relationship for fear that their bosses would fire and humiliate them.

On the last night of their safe house stay, they decided after far too much time seeing each other but still being apart, they could risk at least being a little affectionate.

What they didn't know, though, was that it was scheduled for Officials from each Agency to check in on Curt and Owen and let them know that the next day, they would be leaving the safe house.

So the two were sitting on the couch, very close, just talking. Of course, they had sat on the couch before and just talked but this time they were cuddling. Owen was playing with Curt's hair, and everything seemed perfect, until they heard the knock at the door.

The one with the brain cells, Owen's first thought was, Have they found out about us? Oh no, have they been watching?

On the other hand, Curt practically jumped up, his first thought being, are they here for more food for us?

Owen stood up slowly and walked toward the door, hoping to everything that they didn't find out about the two Agents being secret lovers. He opened the door.

To his dismay, Cynthia Houston and an MI6 Agent were standing at the door. "Hello, Owen," Cynthia says. "I take it you got the letter I sent?"

Confused, Owen replied, "No... We didn't get a letter."

"That's because I didn't fucking send one. Good job, you passed the test. I bet Agent Mega would have stuttered then said yes. Now I'll let myself in." She stepped in, and the MI6 Agent stayed outside, for a reason unknown to Owen.

Cynthia looked around. "It is quite small in here. Now, where is Mega? Ah, there he is.

"What's wring with your hair, Curt? If I know you, and I'm fairly fucking certain I do, you just have to have your hair perfect at all times," Cynthia continued.

Curt didn't know what to say. He was ready to make up some bullshit. "I-" He was cut off by Owen.

"Oh, it was my fault," Owen started. Cynthia looked over at Owen, raising an eyebrow. From behind her, Curt widened his eyes, worried Owen would tell her something she didn't need to know. But Owen wasn't stupid, and he didn't. "I just hid his hair gel as a prank, that's all."