18

Ayla's pov

It was one of my favourite days of the year. It was Christmas! I've always loved giving gifts more than getting them. And it was not just that. It was spending time with loved ones, baking lovely desserts, playing games.

This year we decided to do 'Secret Santa'. On Christmas Eve, Chris, Juliet, Stace, Beth, Jay, Klaus and I met and we put chits of our names in a jar. I got Beth's name so I was relieved. I knew exactly what to get her since she kept bugging me for like months. I also got a little something for Klaus but I was really unsure whether or not I should give it to him.

Klaus came in early to help me out with desserts. I decided to make an apple pie, a chocolate tart and some gingerbread cookies.

"Merry Christmas sweetheart." He wished me as he held me from my waist. "You too K-bear." I wished him back and kissed him on the cheek.

He was great help when it came to baking and I wasn't really a fan of eating desserts so Klaus would approve all the dishes for me.

"Come here Klaus, taste this." I put some chocolate filling on my finger as he licked it off.

"Perfect." He remarked and I beamed.

"Here, lick off this spoon." I told him but regretted it as soon as I felt the spoon brush my cheek, then nose and then the earlobe. Just seconds after I felt his tongue lick those places and I felt extremely ticklish and aroused.

"Klaus, stop it, it tickles." I told him with a laugh and he stopped.

"Sorry but this tasted a lot better." He teased and my cheeks turned deep red.

As soon as I put the desserts in the oven, Klaus sensed that I was extremely tired and picked me up in his arms. He took me to my room and told me to rest.

Everyone started coming in at 10:00pm and devoured all the dessert.
"Ayla you have to give me this recipe! It's too good." Stace commented and I smiled.

"Nuh uh, if you ever want it you just have to ask me for it. Besides, it wasn't only my effort, Klaus helped me too." I replied and Klaus smiled back.

"There's my Santa Klaus, didnt know you were such an amazing baker too huh?" Chris remarked and Klaus spoke, "Ayla just gives me too much credit. It was all her guys, but lucky for me I got the best taste." It took me a while but I understood the meaning of his words.

"Let's start guys! I'll reveal first! I'm Beth's Secret Santa and she's going to love me when I give her her gift." I remarked and then rushed up to my room. I came back with a wrapped up present and Beth wasted no time in unwrapping it.

"AYLA I LOVE YOU!" She beamed as she picked up the heels I got for her. "I can't believe you remembered. Oh God, they must've costed you a fortune."

Well, they were expensive but then you do what you gotta do.

"No worries babe, just glad you're happy. Now it's your turn." I told her and then she spoke, "I'm Stace's Secret Santa and here gift will arrive just... now." The doorbell rang and Beth rushed up to open it. The man handed over a basket to Beth and she passed it over to Stace.

Inside the basket was a cute little puppy and we all stared at it in awe. "This is so cute Beth! Oh my God, look at this little baby." Stace held it in her hands and stroked his head.

"Well, I'm Klaus' Secret Santa and here." Stace passed over a folded piece of paper to Klaus. "Let's just say this is a piece of advice for him"

At that moment, I felt extremely bad for some unknown reason. I failed to understand why Stace STILL didn't like Klaus when he's always been so nice to her. I just mouthed a sorry to Klaus and he just nodded his head and thanked Stace.

"Juliet, here you go." He handed over a large shopping bag to her. She looked inside and pulled out an Estée Lauder make-up kit and we all were just shook. It wasn't even released yet!

"Klaus, this is so sweet of you!" She spoke in a chirpy voice which annoyed me to no end. She then handed over a perfume to Jay and Jay thanked her. Jay gave Chris a pair of socks and Chris was literally so happy, it was like he got a Jackpot.

But all of this meant that Chris was my Secret Santa. And I didn't like the sound of it especially after that regifting incident.

He walked over to me and gave me this cute charm bracelet which made my heart melt.

"It's simple and beautiful, just like you." He told me and I couldn't stop the zillion butterflies in my stomach. Why does he have to say such things? I wanted to scream, cry and just lock myself up in a room but then Jay announced, "Time for the couple-presents."

"Gee, thanks for reminding me that I'm single." Stace remarked but I knew it wouldn't stay that way because she and Landon had been talking everyday since his party and things were now well between the two.

First Beth and Jay exchanged their gifts, where Jay gave her a necklace and Beth gave him a jacket.

"I know I'll probably end up stealing this and I'll be wearing it more than you but Merry Christmas baby." She told Jay and then they kissed.

Next up, Juliet gave Chris a watch. And to mention, a very expensive watch and I was like speechless. In return, Chris gave her a gift which included matching hoodies and I felt my heart break. Considering that I am a sucker for matching clothes, this guy sure did a good job in gifting Juliet that.

I could not see these two kiss and made my way to my room. All of them gave each other such amazing gifts. And here I was, with the most basic gift for my boyfriend. I felt so embarrassed, almost on the verge of tears.

And then Klaus handed me over my gift and the dam of my tears broke. This guy bought me a Hermès Birkin bag. A freaking Hermès Birkin bag.

"Baby what's wrong? You don't like it? Don't worry, I'll get this exchanged for something else, please don't cry." He was so nice, he wouldn't get it.

"I'm sorry." I spoke with hiccups. "Your gift-" I was about to say but then he interrupted me. "Ayla it's okay if you didn't get me a gift, you're my gift." He kissed me on the cheek and made me feel a little better.

"It's just that I don't have a brother, I've never had a boyfriend, I don't usually gift my father and with Chris, you just get him food and that's his gift." I realised I was rambling, so I sighed in defeat and gave Klaus his gift.

"You don't have to use it if you don't like it." I spoke as he opened my gift.

"Are you kidding me? This is such a cute gift. I love his wallet, I've actually wanted to buy a new one since quite long but I just kept delaying it." He spoke with a smile.

"I know this may be cheesy, but it has your initials on them." I pointed on the 'K.A.' and he smiled. "Well, these are also my initials and like they can also stand for Klaus and Ayla, and I'm weird, and I'm rambling again."

"This is really sweet baby, I love it." He pulled me in a hug and kissed my forehead. "Well I have a gift for the rest too so lets go outside and tell them."

I didn't understand what he meant but then he pulled out plane tickets and I was left speechless again. Before I could retort, everyone started hooting and thanking Klaus and then Stace started to whine, "So now I'll have to third wheel on a triple date?"

"Who said you'll have to third wheel?" Landon entered through the door which Klaus just opened and Stace went up to hug him.

"We all leave for the Maldives on the 30th and we'll be back on the 1st." Klaus announced and everyone cheered.

This was going to be one hell of a trip.

I had so much fun writing this chapter, what are your thoughts on it?
Don't forget to vote and comment. Happy reading!