The Offer of a Lifetime

It was another ordinary day- or as ordinary as it could get- for the students of class 3-E: they had lessons from Korosensai for maths and Japanese in the morning and assassination training from Mr.Karasuma the entire afternoon. At first the intensity of his lessons would leave them exhausted at the end but now the teens barely broke a sweat.

'It's time for me to step it up a notch. Tomorrow will be interesting.' Mr.Karasuma thought as he packed up for the day.

It was an ordinary day for everyone. Everyone except for a small blue-haired boy.

He walked ahead of the class to quickly take of his training gear in place of his uniform. As he finished, he slipped into the classroom to collect his bags. The bluenette looked around the run-down classroom with a sad smile as he lifted the bag onto his shoulder.

It was his last day in the Assassination Classroom and tomorrow was his first day at a new life...

The life of an true assassin.

Recently the bluenette had felt that everyone was excelling at training: learning new skills with a gun or new attacks with a knife. He felt that he himself wasn't improving enough or as quickly as everyone else and that he would get in the way of their ultimate goal... to kill their teacher.

But now he had a chance to change his feelings.

This had been planned for several days and it had plagued his mind since. Coming to this decision was a difficult journey, and people often told him he looked unwell or was dazed off during class. Even Miss.Bitch shot him concerned glances when she thought he wasn't looking. Their other non-alien teacher was as ignorant as ever.

It had all started when Lovro came to watch over Miss.Bitch to decide if it was ideal to keep her at the school. He had seen that it was not beneficial for her or for the class yet she refused to leave, sharing she had become attached to the class and enjoyed being their teacher and wanted to see their mission through to the end.

During an inspection of their physical training class, a certain blue-haired boy had spoken to Lovro about the best move an assassin could make which hardly ever failed. Lovro was slightly shocked by the question but could see the interest and seriousness in the boy's eyes.

"What's your name?" he asked once he finished explaining.

"N-Nagisa, Nagisa Shiota." the bluenette answered stuttering slightly.

"Well then Nagisa," Lovro began, seeing, underneath the slight fear in the kid's azure eyes, the blood lust of a natural-born killer, "how about you let me know if that move works? If you ever have to use it that is."

"Oh, OK." Nagisa said with a slight smile. He was a little shocked at the openness of the man.

But he did get in touch. He explained about the poisoning during their trip and how he had to fight Takaoka (who wanted revenge because of his humiliation) to save everyone and get the cure. He described the tense atmosphere of the class wanting to save their friends, their determination, and how he smiled at the man who tried to kill him once he defeated Takaoka in the end.

"First of all, congratulations for accomplishing the move. It usually takes a lot of practice and is used by only very well trained assassins. Second of all, I want to come back to your 'Assassination Classroom' to monitor a few things before I speak to you again."

Lovro came back a total of three times. He told everyone he was a mere observer of their improvement but he only watched Nagisa. The constant watch made him put more effort than ever into training.

Lovro watched Nagisa with a very sharp eye wondering if he should encourage that type of talent. It was raw and buried deep down, yes, but it was there none the less. He recalled Nagisa telling him that Terasaka had to snap him out of his blood lust once...

It was a breezy Thursday afternoon when he managed to 'stab' Mr.Karasuma in practice after noticing his increasing wavelength. He matched the strength of the wavelength with his pattern of movement to find the best moment to strike. He was surrounded by his classmates who were shouting in praise and clapping him on the back.

He didn't understand their enthusiasm, anyone could have done what he did. Right? Maybe they were cheering because he was getting close to being as good as them? Yes, that must be it.

At the stairs to the classroom he saw Lovro beckon him over. He used his small stature to sneak away from the class who were now talking to their teacher and asking him about their mistakes and areas for improvement.

"I've been watching you Nagisa," he started, looking serious.

Nagisa gulped. The air was thick with tension; he didn't know what was going to happen. All he could do was keep his head bowed and try not to crack under the intense stare of the cold man in front of him.

"and I would like you to come abroad with me to train as an assassin. You seem to have an incredible lack of self-belief in your talents, but you have the solid foundations of a top-tier future assassin.

So, what is you answer? Will you leave 3-E behind and begin a new life as an assassin?"