At the Airport

Excitement and nerves ran through his veins as he arrived at the entrance to the grand and busy airport. He had talked to his mother with Lovro the evening before and, with a little difficulty on his half, lied that he was going abroad to trial run a prestigious high school. Lovro said that he had been specially chosen as a student with potential and that she should be proud and not worry at all.

Of course, his mother was joyful Nagisa was going to experience an incredible, new school but she didn't know she may never see her son again. Nagisa wondered whether she would truly miss him or be glad he was no longer a hindrance to her and her daily life.

He wondered if she would even remember where he had gone after a few days. Or if she would even care...

Gripping the handle of his carry on bag a little tighter, he walked through the glass sliding doors and fell into the enormous crowd of travellers: some arriving in and some leaving Japan. He stood in the queue for his airline for several minutes and in that time he took a moment to appreciate the present. He was given a rare offer from a top-rated assassin (who surprisingly chose him over everyone in his class), was getting away from his abusive mother and now his class had the best opportunity of killing their teacher. It was all working out for the better.

Finally, when it was his turn, he handed over his passport for identity confirmation and  went through security to the boarding area and the duty free. He shook slightly as he walked through the large detectors, his mind playing tricks on him by asking him if he packed any weapons or illegal objects. He knew he hadn't but he couldn't stop his thoughts when he got nervous.

Walking past multiple large and small shops, he saw Lovro standing ominously out of place in the corner and hastily strode over to him. He set down his bags carefully on the floor and looked up at his future mentor.

"Hello, um, have you been waiting long?" he asked nervously.

"No." 

"Oh, well that's good then."

He stood awkwardly and looked around at the boarding centre. Businessmen and women were marching from one terminal to the next. Their suits pristine and faces serious. Families sat on the many chairs in front of him, eagerly taking pictures and laughing together, dressed in casual flight clothes and carrying novelty souvenirs.

Nagisa felt a pang of sadness in his chest. He never had that kind of good and happy relationship with either of his parents. And he was an only child leaving him with no one to confide in or share in his anguish. But he would not wish his life on another person, especially a sibling.

"Here kid, go and get some stuff for the flight." Lovro said, handing over 3000 yen. "And nice hair by the way."

"Oh, thank you Mr.Lovro." he thanked whilst heading towards the row of shops to buy snacks and maybe a film to watch.

He had cut his hair the night before and now it was thicker on the top and closely shaved on the bottom. He styled it so it fell forwards making him look more like a boy. He had wore black jeans and hoodie with blue converse in order to be comfy on the long flight.

His mother had initially freaked out over his hair and shouted at him for hours until Lovro arrived. He lied and said that at his new school the boys were required to have short hair. It took a while but eventually she gave in and moved topic.

Pushing the memory from his mind he strolled down the snacks isle of a small food store, picking up a few chocolate bars and a packet of crisps. He wasn't usually allowed sugary foods so now he was taking full advantage of it. He grabbed a bottle of water to stay hydrated on the humid and dry flight, payed then left the shop to return to Lovro.

On the way he saw something that activated his blood lust: a man was being forceful with a woman who was telling him to stop. They didn't seem to know each other and she looked very uncomfortable. She was looking around for help but everyone either ignored what was going on or refused to meet her eyes and help. It angered him that nobody was willing to help. Nagisa casually walked over to the male and pressed harshly on one of his pressure points. Out of the corner of his eye he saw the man fall to the floor unconscious and the woman escape.

Unknown to even himself, he smirked at how simple that task was and his eyes seemed to glow slightly.

No-one saw a thing, except Lovro.

"Well, that was interesting." he commented when Nagisa joined him.

"You saw that?" Nagisa blushed looking down.

"Indeed, it takes a lot of skill to go unnoticed and perform a difficult move like that."

"Thankyou, but I guess anyone could do that right?" he asked in disbelief.

"Not really."

Nagisa was shocked. It was just his natural reaction. Maybe he did have talent after all? He remembered Karma describing him as a snake. Small but sudden. A quick dangerous attack. He was going to miss class 3-E when he left. At least he was doing what was best for them... right?

Was he making the right decision by leaving?

He didn't have any time to contemplate as his flight departure was called.

"Hey kid, let's go." Lovro said before striding over to the doors.

"Coming!" he grabbed his bag and rushed along to Lovro before heading towards the boarding dock. Ready to start a new life.