1-9

I looked down both hallways for a minute, trying to decide which way to go. The water flowing in between my feet was not exactly helping, as the rocking of the boat paired with it made it hard to keep balance. "Okie dokie, which way, which way...~" I sung to myself, as my brain was not functioning properly. So many questions flooded my head that will probably be left unanswered.

I took a quick moment to let myself calm down and take notice of my new surroundings. Everything about the hallway was... almost antique, and in pristine condition! The complete opposite to the room I was just in. Walking forward, I placed my hand on the long, elegant, wooden beam that had a fancy light on the end of it. Smooth and shiny. Every five feet or so, another fancy beam that held up the hallway was there.

"Is this some sort of cruise liner?" I thought out loud. As gorgeous as this place was, my concern was placed on one thing; WHY AM I OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GODDAMN OCEAN???

...roooooooAAAAAAARRRRRRR!

My attention switched down to the end of the hallway, where the giant wave of water was approaching VERY FAST.

"SHITSHITSHITSHIT!" My vocal cords nearly ripped from screaming as I tore down the opposite end. The wind from the onset wave blew in such a harsh manner, you would have genuinely thought the water itself was angry.

There was a light at the end of the cave, though! Or, should I say hallway? But there was a door at the end of it!

Please, please, please! I begged my legs to continue running, even if they were screaming for a rest. The adrenaline coursing through me caused one last good sprint to the rapidly approaching door.

Making a grab for the handle, I flung the door open, threw myself through the doorway, and kicked it shut. "YES!" A hoarse cry made its way out. Breathing heavily and laying still on the ground, my eyes shut for a moment, trying to regain my strength.

Memories of the gas mask guy came flooding back. 'You have been chosen to participate in a game. The New Nonary Games.' What does he mean by 'The New Nonary Games?' Does that mean there were an original 'Nonary Games'?

Pit pat pit pat pit pat...

The distant sound of shoes running echoed through the room. Wait a second, shoes? My eyes shot open, and I quickly hopped up and spun on my heels. Shoes = people! "Hey!" I called out, running through the second room I was in.

"Ther... a sta...se!" A deep baritone voice came from afar. As soon as I turned the corner, a huge cascading staircase came into view. It looked like something you'd see on the Titanic, even the checkerboarded linoleum that was the floor.

"Hey, you there!" The same voice called out from the side of the staircase. My eyes rose from the bottom of the staircase to the top left terrace, where 3 people stood in place. A young boy with wild hair, a boy with 6 fingers on one hand, a bodybuilder of a guy, and an older woman with short white hair were standing there panting. Had they also been running?

"What's your number?!" I heard high pitched voice come from the right side. On the right terrace was a lady with a scar down the left side of her face, a boy around my age with heterochromic eyes, another boy in his mid-20s, and a person who wore gigantic glasses. I looked at them stunned, unbelieving that there were other people here.

"Listen, Blue." Scar Lady sneered. "I asked once, and I won't ask it again. What is your number on the bracelet?" She gripped the handrail as if she was about to jump over it and beat me.