Afraid

He's tired. He's tried to sleep but he's haunted by nightmares. Nightmares that are real. He doesn't want them to be. He tries to make them stop. Make them go away. Turn them into dreams. But it doesn't work. He's still afraid. Afraid of him. Afraid of his eyes, his hands, everything.

Why doesn't it work? Berwald thinks to himself as he looks in the mirror. Another day if trying to show his love for Toni but only fear is returned. This time he gave Toni a small necklace, Toni had accepted the gift happily but later when he thought nobody would see, he took it off shaking. What he didn't know was Berwald was watching.

It broke his heart to see the man he lived shake in fear at a simple gift. He tried. But it was never enough. Never enough to make Toni happy. Never enough to stop the nightmares. He finally broke and cried. He cried as he looked at himself in the mirror. What was he? A monster. No human could be so scary. Monsters needed to be killed. They needed to be gone.

Berwald grabbed a knife and held it up to his heart. "Goodbye...Toni." He's about to push the knife in when someone rams into him. The knife misses his heart and stabs into his arm. It was Toni...he hears a yell before his world goes black with pain and shock.

Toni came...why.