Epilogue

Raghav's POV

🎶🎶
What would I do
without your smart mouth?
Drawing me in,
and you kicking me out
You've got my head spinning,
no kidding,
I can't pin you down
What's going on in that beautiful mind?
I'm on your magical mystery ride
And I'm so dizzy,
don't know what hit me,
but I'll be alright
🎶🎶

           We had a tearful farewell while bidding goodbye to our family and friends at the airport. After entering into our economy class cabin, I heaved a long sigh, it was going to be a long journey. Securing our hand luggage in the overhead compartment I raised my brow at Sasha, she had occupied my favorite window seat. The departure was scheduled in the night and the prospect of sparkling lights image dancing in the dark, enticed me, into gaining back my window seat.

             Sasha turned towards me, patting the seat next to her, she smiled. "Come and fasten your seat belt, it'll soon be the time to take off." Her smiling invitation tugged my heartstings.

           I cannot believe, so soon, we were having our first couple air travel. Every day, something or the other is a 'first' for us. So many journeys are yet to be traversed and I just couldn't wait to unravel them all.

           The flight took off smoothly, Sasha was enjoying her dazzling lights view; while I enjoyed mine.

"You know that's my favorite seat, the window side?". I stated and she hummed in response still engrossed by the view from her oval window.

I continued, "I never offer my window seat to anyone, even during family travel with toddlers around. "

           "That's so mean, Raghav! You are really a baby, sometimes". Sasha whipped her head towards me and frowned. Resting her palm on my upper arms, she said, "Thanks for making the exception for me." My eyes were still trained at her palm slowly caressing my biceps.

I raised my brow in question. "What are you upto? Are you bribing me, indirectly?!"

"Huh?", she looked confused.

             I nudged towards her hand with my eyes. "Oh God! Raghav you have such a one track mind!". She slapped my arm playing, before removing her hand.

Wiggling my eyebrows in pure mischief, "How else should I perceive it?"

          "Nowadays anything I do or say, you somehow try to find a double meaning to it". She huffed, "I was trying to pacify you, considering you lost your favorite spot to me. Just like how you try to console a kid, when he doesn't get his chocolate. It was a plain straight act of empathy. Sometimes, Raghav boy, take things at face value."

I rested by back on my armrest and faced her. "I don't mind losing to you."

She scoffed, "Okay, whatever makes you happy, Raghav boy."

"On the contrary, though, I have a better view angle than yours". I said confidently.

"Really?" Sasha fell into my words and tried jerking back parallel to my line of vision, to check the angle.

           A smile grew on my face watching her experiment the various angles. Patting her shoulder, "Hun, you won't find the right angle."

"Why?" She questioned while sweeping her focus back to me.

           "You won't be able to find the same view as mine because mine is an interpolation of two of my favorite scenes — you and the sparkling night view from the sky". I tried my level best to maintain a straight look while saying it. The deflation of Sasha's sincere interested look, for some knowledge flash, to an utter disappointment, was worth my efforts. She rolled her eyes and moved back to her window, downright ignoring me.