" This has to be the best possible outcome , right ? "

April 19, 2020

Kaede paled . Oh no . This couldn't be happening . This wasn't happening .

" I did it--" Shuichi managed to choke out , refusing to look at her . He was hiding from her .
He was lying .
"I killed Anami , I'm so so sorry I--"

" I did it--!! " Kaede practically screeched . All heads in the courtroom turned to look at her . All except Shuichi . It went silent , even Shuichi's subtle sobs could be heard now .
And finally , someone spoke up .

" Listen , I know you and Saihara-Chan are soooo in love with each other , but could you refrain from dragging us in the dumps too ? We'll die if we get it wrong you know . " Kokichi's voice drawled on in an annoyed , plastered tone , but his expression was one of pure bliss . He was enjoying their suffering . What an asshole .
However , Kokichi continued on . " Besides , where's you evidence ? We already said he was holding the receiver . " He shrugged . " Tough luck , missy . "

" The evidence does point to Shuichi ... Gonta is sorry Kaede , but it's true . " Gonta added . Even Gonta was in on this ?!

" ... Monokuma ... please , start the ... start the voting ... please ... " Shuichi's voice was hoarse . He was shaking , his body hunched over as he attempted to stifle his own sobs . A hand was strategically placed on his mouth , his eyes wide . Kaede did it , she knew she did . She set up the books , she had the ball . She set up the cameras . She did it . He was lying . He was lying .
He was killing himself for her .

" Upupu ~ ! It's voting time !! "

As the realization set in , she stared at the voting board .
Kaede was the only one who didn't vote for Shuichi .
And these were words she still never thought she'd hear .

" That's right ! The blackened is ... Shuichi Saihara , The Ultimate Detective !! "
No no no . That was wrong , this was all wrong--

" No , that 's wrong !! " Kaede shook , starting to feel the hot , inescapable river of tears wash down her cheeks . " This is wrong , it's all wrong , I did it !! " And in her heart , she knew she had . She had killed Rantaro Anami .

" Kaede ... " Kaito sighed from behind her . " ... We already voted for him . There's no reason to lie anymore . "
She froze , eyes wide as she looked at the ground . She was wrong . She couldn't help everyone .
And now Shuichi was going to die because of it .

" Kaede ... " Shuichi's soft , shaky voice echoed behind her , and she whipped around to face him .
He was obviously shaking , giving a broken laugh , and it was obvious he was completely and utterly terrified . His eyes were wide , he had his arms wrapped around himself ...
" Kaede ... If I die ... and only m..me ... " He tried his best to give a smile , throwing his hat to the ground .
He was terrified , but he looked happy . Just for her .
And the worst words she could ever imagine flashed on the screen behind him .

GAME OVER

" Then this has to be the best possible outcome ... r-right ... ? "

a/n -- hi i hate myself for writing this thanks

pls give me validation