Smosh Summer Sunburns and Bruises

A/N: I'll preface this by saying that while the ending doesn't get explicit, it does get a bit suggestive. Be warned, I guess.

Courtney remembered the first time she really got to touch Shayne.

And it wasn't as lewd as it sounded (or as lewd as she wanted).

Smosh Summer Games: Apocalypse's filming had come to a close. The belly flop competition was a splashing success. Courtney had prided herself in her flop. But there was a certain irony to how Shayne got the worst flop, then subsequently bested her with his Courtney Freaking Miller act. Not that she minded. Shayne was hilarious, and she took home the Most Epic Moment award, and he the LVP award. There was no shortage of teasing him over that on the ride home. All in all, it was a great day to end a great Summer Games.

There were two exceptions:

Courtney's bruised legs fucking hurt. She was never one to be prissy when it came to pain, but having your legs riddled by automatic paintball fire was a whole different story. It had been a day or two since the paintball challenge, and the bruises were turning a lovely shade of purple and blue.

Then, there was Shayne's sunburned body – mostly his back and shoulders. He forgot to pack his sunscreen, and upon seeing how the venue was somewhat shaded, said he'd probably be fine. He was not fine.

After stopping once for dinner, the van they rented came to a stop at the Smoffice, allowing everyone to disembark and take their respective vehicles home. Courtney and Shayne agreed beforehand to just crash at his place tonight.

"Have a good night, you two!" Came Ian's teasing voice. Naturally, there was no shortage of teasing from their friends when they walked to his car together. Courtney flipped him off without turning back to face him. It earned a round of laughter from the rest of the squad.

Most of their friends and co-workers inevitably became aware of how close they'd gotten. While they didn't know the specifics, they were aware that Shayne and Courtney crashed at each other's apartments fairly regularly. It was unavoidable. Too many times Courtney showed up to work wearing one of Shayne's jackets. Too many times they were invited to an impromptu get-together, and they had to travel to the venue together. Too many times Shayne's hand would subconsciously settle on Courtney's back when they stood close to one another. Their friends had their suspicions, but they didn't know what went on behind closed doors.

Courtney buckled up in his passenger seat, wincing a little as her sensitive skin made contact with the seat. She was wearing a tank top and some shorts, because she felt wearing any pants-like clothing would kill her. Courtney watched Shayne clamber into the driver's seat. His loose tie dye shirt swayed as he moved, and Courtney didn't miss the grimace on his face.

Courtney didn't blame him. Either he wore a tight-fitting shirt and felt it press against his burned skin, or a loose one that would just brush against it anyway. It was a lose-lose, but that's what he got for declining her offer for sunscreen because it was "somewhat shaded." That wasn't to say Courtney was enjoying the schadenfreude, because she just wanted to hug and kiss the poor boy until that grimace went away. Doing that could wait. The thought caused her to look away from Shayne before he could notice her staring. Come to think of it, she did have some lotion that could help soothe the burn. She just needed to retrieve it from her bag.

Shayne turned the engine on and leaned back into his seat. He let out a long sigh.

"My skin. Is. On fire."

Courtney knew she shouldn't giggle, but she did anyway. How could she not? He shot her a look meant to show his annoyance with her, but the twitch at the corner of his lips was a dead giveaway. Shayne knew it too, because he just smiled instead and huffed a laugh out.