two

chapter two.
doomed

ALEXANDRIA WASN'T DOING TOO HOT AFTER RICKS GROUP ARRIVED

ALEXANDRIA WASN'T DOING TOO HOT AFTER RICKS GROUP ARRIVED. Minerva liked to at least maybe tell herself that. Lena, Damon, and her were there at least 6 months before Rick and his group got there, but when the three of them arrived with Aaron that day at Alexandria, Deanna Monroe took a special liking to Minerva.

After Deanna had special interviews with the three of them, they were each assigned a job. Lena worked as a supply runner, and Damon helped with construction and teaching. Minerva, on the other hand, worked on becoming a doctor in the infirmary alongside Pete and Denise. But they had to be added to the list along with people she had to watch die, including Deanna.

But that was then, and this is now. Now Alexandria had the deal with a bigger problem. Ever since Maggie had to watch her own husband's head get bashed in, everyone was on edge.

Minerva was there that night, at the satellite outpost to kill the people who were threatening him. Rick encouraged her to go, and after that night Rick began to trust Minerva more than he probably did Michonne. 

But if you didn't fight for yourself, you died.

"Look at them. Thinking they own this place." Lena spat as her Minerva and Damon watched Rick speak to the man that was really named Negan. Lena crosses her arms as the three of them stood their distance.

"This is our life now. Who knows how long we have to deal with this," Damon spoke as he shrugged his shoulders. The trio looked around as they saw men walking into each of the houses and coming out with crates of various items. "I wonder what Deanna would be doing about this."

"Shut up, you sound like Spencer." Lena shook her head in revolt.

Minerva let out a sigh as she tugged on her dog tag necklace around her neck. "I'm going to the infirmary, make sure they don't take shit we need." She says as she walked away leaving her brother and her friend to keep watching Rick and Negan talk, along with Daryl being treated like a dog by Dwight.

It was shit like that that kept Minerva moving. She wanted to protect her community, her home, from people like this. But how could they possibly get out of this situation?

She paused when she walked into the infirmary, seeing Carl hold a gun to two men who were putting all of their medicine into crates.

"Carl leave it alone," Minerva told the one-eyed boy, but of course, Carl insisted and shot the gun at the floor. Leaving a gunshot echo throughout Alexandria.

Minerva was the one to help Carl, along with Denise when he got shot, right in the face. Denise, of course, had her boundaries when it came to medically helping people. And thanks to Minerva and Denise, Rick thanked them for his life.

"You don't want to do that boy." The savior laughed as he told Carl to back off.

Carl didn't hesitate when pointing the gun at them once again. "I said, put some back, or the next one goes in you."

"Cmon kid, what do you think happens next?" The savior spat as he held the crate in between his arm and the side of his chest, no intention of putting any of the medicine back.

"You die." He argued as Rick and Negan let themselves into the infirmary. Minerva felt herself tense up as he saw Rick holding his baseball bat.

"What's going on?" Rick asked Minerva who stood her distance from Negan and Carl, she shook her head and shrugged her shoulders in confusion to the sheriff.

Carl kept his guard up. "He said half our stuff."

"Of course, really kid? I cant have this shit by you threatening us. I don't think I wanna kill a kid in front of this hot girl over here." Minerva furrowed her eyebrows in shock as Negan made eye contact with her.

"Just give him the gun Carl." Rick begged his son as Minerva watched this unfold infront of her.

"I'm serious. Do you want me to prove how serious?" Negan said as Carl eventually gave up seeing the two saviors walk out of the infirmary as he gave up the gun to him. "See? Just as I thought."

Rick walked over to Carl to hassle him for the trouble he had just caused, while Negan stepped over closer to Minerva

"Anyways, excuse my fucking French but I don't think we've met yet. I'm Negan" He laughed as he bit his tongue and looked down at Minerva.

"I know who you are." Minerva spat as she crossed her arms.

"So you're the girl Rick was gossiping me about to." He said as he turned to look at Rick and Carl.

"I'm not having a conversation with you." Minerva scoffed as she began to walk out of the infirmary, not even letting Negan finish his sentences.

"Hey peaches you think I was done talking to you?" He yelled as he began to chase down after Minerva, not letting her escape the conversation and leaving Carl and Rick in the infirmary. "You know I think you are way too hot to be my wife, and maybe way too badass to even work for me."

"So you think I'm a prostitute?" Minerva asked and she stopped walking down the streets to look at Negan once again.

He let out a laugh. "Only if you want me to think so, you've got a lot commin for you then."

She furrowed her eyebrows in response. "Why are you doing this?"

"I'm not sure what you're talking about but this is your life now. Hey, I'm simply just receiving what you asked for." He replied as he began to look around at the scenery of Alexandria and fiddled with his jeans, becoming more stubborn. There was a moment of silence that Minerva decided not to respond, she kept her arms crossed and stared at him with disgust. "Anyways, I think it's time for me to intimidate more people, so I hope when I come back here next you'll be waiting for me."

"Don't count on it"

ahhh this chapter is so short but i wanted to get something published and thank you for all the feedback!! uwu <3