2. The Weirdest Kidnapping I've Ever Had (And That's Saying Something)

So. I'm being gently frogmarched to a random place in Cardiff I've never gone before.
Can't say it's the first time that's happened to me, but at least then I always knew who I was under the order of.

Again, I twist my head to look at the tall mysterious man to my left strolling along like he walks with strangers in the early afternoon every day. Come to think of it, Boss was very stupid for attempting to kill me when it was still light - what if there were people there wandering about the quarry thinking it was a tourist hotspot? Gift of no brain, that druglord.

Anyway, back to the enigma standing next to me. The man walks with cool confidence, a look on his face that makes me think he's gone through enough fear to be fearless - if that makes sense, it does to me at least. His entire stance is laid-back, like he's seen it all before, like he's constantly in this sort of situation. It makes me nervous, something I haven't been for years.

With that instinct, of course. That's what unnerves me the most about him: the gut feeling I have that this man is dangerous; that he's not to be trusted; that he's... different. And I don't mean in the special, 'everyone is different in their own way' spiel, but a different soul, a different existence, a different time and place, just... different.
Call it a survivor's instinct, but I always know when I need to fight or flight, and right now can't even be considered a fight.

Checking he's still looking forwards I begin to back away, succeeding in getting as far as this statue near a fence before I hear his voice behind me - "Woah there, you're not getting away so fast."
I whirl around to face him, and I ask defensively with my hands to my chest balled up ready to fight, "Why? What are you gonna do to me?"
He studies me, looks me up and down like he's scanning me, is silent for a few long moments whilst I try to find a way out again, and says, "You need a bath."

I think about it for a sec.
I guess it beats illegally washing in the bay.

I shrug, knowing when I'm beaten and secretly wanting to wash. "Okay, fine, I'll come with you. By the way... where are we going?"
"You'll see," he replies, being curiously enigmatic and cryptic again, and starts to walk towards this great big silver tower in the middle of a square. I stare up at it. What's so important about this vertical rod? I peer closer as we get nearer and find that there's water coming out of the top and disappearing through grates at the bottom, and am instantly pissed off.
"Oh ha ha, I get it now," I exclaim coldly to the cloaked man, "look, it's an outdoor shower for the woman who just got kicked out of a helicopter, so funny! Leave me alone; don't you think I've gone through enough?!"

The man smiles, his lips parted again in a charming smile which still makes me question everything. "You'll find out soon, I promise."
I wrinkle my nose, not understanding and being annoyed at not understanding, until he steps up onto the podium surrounding the tower then... disappears.

I stare at the spot he was just in, then look around me with wide eyes, hands ready to punch something just in case he'd gone invisible and was trying to attack me or something. Something in the corner of my eye's trying to distract me, but I swat it away in order to concentrate.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and on instinct whirl round and hurl my fist into the man's face, then reel back in shock. Where in the everloving fuck did he come from?!
"Wow! You've got some serious damage with these hands!"
"What the fuck, man?! Stop playing stupid tricks, I'm not into it!" I shout in his face and try to run away, but he catches my arm and draws me back to him. I try to struggle, but he holds on firmly with a chill manner.
He opens his mouth again, and I inhale with a hint of well-known fear.
"Just walk where I walk, okay?"

Afraid of what would happen if I didn't obey this mysterious disappearing man, I simply nod, to his everpresent charming smile.
Still holding onto my arm he steps onto one of the stones on the podium, and I step onto the same one. A man jogs past, and my captor shouts at him, but strangely, the runner can't hear him.

Disoriented Cosmos {A Torchwood Story} [COMPLETED]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें