[1] Frankie

"Hey, go around the side of that pillar," I told Harrison through my headset. "There's a spot back there you can fit in."

"Guys, are you in the bottom corner?" Logan asked. He was pretty new at this game, but somehow thought it was a good idea to go explore for himself. He'd nearly gotten killed four times.

"Yeah, there's not really anyone else here. We have to reload," I replied.

"Bro, I don't see you, either," Brady said. "The bottom right?"

"Yeah." I switched through my inventory and put new magazines in my guns.

"What the hell?" B's voice quietly drifted through. "We seriously can't find you."

"Well, get your head out of your ass. You have to look farther than your nose."

"How many people are even—"

The door to my room burst open and I whipped around to see who had come in without knocking. "Reed, what the hell are you doing?"

My thirteen-year-old sister covered her mouth to stifle her laughter and ran over to hide behind my chair. "I'm hiding from Jules and her friends," she loudly whispered.

"Why?"

"Because they're trying to—"

The door swung open again and I paused my game. My twin sister and three other girls pushed their way into my room.

"What's going on, Frankie?" Harrison questioned.

"Apparently, there's a fucking party in my room," I snapped back. "Guard me." I reached up and took my headset off before tossing it onto my dresser, which doubled as a TV stand. "Okay, seriously, all of you out, now." I stood and dragged Reed to her feet. "I don't really care what you're doing, just get out. I'm in the middle of something."

"Come on, Frankie, stop being such a bitch," Jules whined, making me turn to glare at her. Consequently, I saw her friends. Annie and Carolina were there, but there was a new girl. And she was really, really hot.

"Who are you?" I nodded at her and ran my eyes down her body.

"Haylie. You're Frankie?" Our gazes collided. Had she been checking me out, too? Part of me was thrilled at the idea, but the rest of me was mortified, considering I was wearing ratty sweatpants and a hoodie.

"How'd you know?"

"Jules said she had a twin sister and you look just like her."

"Did you just move here or something?" I narrowed my eyes, knowing I hadn't seen her around school and that I would've remembered if I had.

"Yeah, a few weeks ago."

Reed tried to pull her arm out of my grasp, but I tightened my hold. "What is she hiding from you guys for, anyway?"

"They're trying to throw me in the pond because I wouldn't stop bothering them, but it's cold! Dad said we can't go swimming in it any more this year."

A smile slowly formed on my face. "Well, Dad's not here right now, is he?"

"What is that supposed to mean, Frankie?"

I didn't answer her, instead choosing to pick her up and throw her over my shoulder. She kicked her legs and pounded her fists into my back, but she was so thin that it made no difference. "Does anyone have a towel, at least?" I called behind me as I carried her down the hallway, satisfied when Annie confirmed that she did. Reed finally thought to pinch me when we were walking out the back door, but I just jerked her forward a little. "What's the problem, sis? We're just going for a dip." I shoved my feet into my boots on the back porch. Dad wouldn't let us keep them inside, since they were covered in mud most of the time.