5: minor details

Rini was at her locker getting ready for lunch when Kuroo leaned against the locker beside her.

"Come with me?"

Rini closed her locker and looked up at him as she mimicked his leaning against the locker. "Where are we going?"

"You wanted to help me with my project, right?"

"I didn't want to,"

He offered her his hand with a playful quirk of his brow. "But you agreed to anyway, so come on,"

"Where are we going?" She repeated her first question, staring at his hand.

"I'll tell you on the way."

She sighed heavily before meeting his eyes again. "Fine. I'm not holding your hand though."

He raised his palms. "Have it your way," He said.

She followed him as he exited the school and prepared to cross the street to the park.

"Are students allowed off of school grounds during school hours?" Rini asked as they waited for the crosswalk. She didn't really care about that, she was more curious about where he was taking her.

"If we get in trouble, I'll take the blame."

She furrowed her brow. The light changed and they crossed. The park was more just a small patch of greenery in the middle of four streets.

There was a single cherry tree planted at the centre of it, and at the foot of the cherry tree, there was a small picnic set up.

"Oh wow, somebody left a perfectly good picnic blanket laying around. And is that—well look at that, bento for two." Kuroo dropped onto the blanket and patted the spot next to him. "Come on, take a seat."

Rini felt an expression of skepticism cross her face. Even so, she was slightly amused and even a little flattered that Kuroo had taken the time to prepare this little spot.

"I thought we were going to work on your literature project," She said, crossing her arms.

He pulled a thin folder out of the picnic basket and waved it towards her before patting the blanket again. "You know you want to,"

Rini rolled her eyes before giving in. She sat with her legs folded out to the side so her skirt could cover her knees.

She felt Kuroo watching her as she sat down. "Is there a problem?" She asked.

"No, none. You just seem to be behaving very formally considering the situation."

"What situation? We're sitting on a blanket."

"I don't know, this is kind of like a date, right?" Kuroo smirked and she smacked him on the back of the head.

"Ow." He looked distraught at her reaction.

"If this is a date to you, I'm leaving."

"No, I didn't say it is a date, I just said it's like a date." He corrected quickly.

"Fine. And stop smirking like that." She crossed her arms.

"Like what?" He smirked and leaned closer to her.

She held up her hand, threatening to smack him again.

He gently took her wrist and lowered her hand. "Settle down, sweetheart. I swear, every little thing gets you all fired up, now doesn't it?"

"Sweetheart?" She felt her face get warm before she pulled her hand away.

"I can roll with babe too, if you like that better,"