𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔢

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  five  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

━━ ✧・゚: ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆:・゚✧ ━━

     WITH TWO GROCERY bags in hand, Brandi carefully manoeuvred her way through the streets as she and her father made their way back to the diner in preparation for Jess's arrival.

Unlike Brandi, who was wise not to carry more than she could handle, Luke's pile of supplies wobbled with each step and a bag of groceries tumbled from his grasp as Lorelai approached, tilting her head.

"Hey," she asked, eyes following the fallen bag. "Whatcha doin'?"

Luke bent down to retrieve the bag, "Oh, just redecorating the sidewalk."

"Looks nice."

Brandi peered down at the groceries, stating, "I think it could use a little less blue."

"You wanna' help pick the next colour?" Luke asked, flicking his gaze to her.

She peered at him over the bags she hadn't dropped and a smug smile stretching across her lips as she said, "No, you're doing a great job there yourself. Wouldn't want to mess up your tempo."

"Great," he said and looked to Lorelai. "Well, it was nice seeing you. You can go now."

"Need some help?" Lorelai asked.

"Nope."

"Need some help?"

"Nope," he insisted.

"Need some help?"

"Nope."

As Luke rose, a box of cereal toppled from the bag and Lorelai asked, "So, do you need some help?"

Luke sighed, giving in with a nod.

The three of them made their way upstairs and as they neared the apartment, Lorelai glanced at the box in her hand. "Since when did you buy Frosted Flakes," she asked, glancing to Brandi. "Does Luke even let you eat Frosted Flakes?"

As Brandi parted her lips to respond, the bottom of the box her father carried gave way, spilling groceries across the weathered wooden floor.

"Okay, what is going on?"

"Nothing," Luke grumbled.