Chapter 2

Runners high was a stupid myth. There was no "high" no feeling as if she had all the energy in the world. All Alison felt was her lungs burning, in desperate need of oxygen. Her knees aching and stomach cramping.

Her chest heaved as she stumbled over to the nearest park bench. Her hand gripped the handle first then she guided the rest of her body onto the rusty bench. She breathed a sigh of relief.

All her limbs ached, and her head was pounding. Who was she to think that she could run a mile even though she hadn't exercised in years.

Alison bent forward to glance down the side walk to see how far she had to walk to get home. Seeing that she was on Belmont street. Which was TWO STREETS OVER FROM HER LOFT. Alison internally screamed.

It was beginning to get chilly since it was the start of fall. She shivered, and pulled her sweater tighter around herself. She pulled herself up from the bench and unwillingly shuffled down the side walk.

Across the street in a white Mercedes Benz sat Spencer Hastings. Who had just watched the whole scene go down. The brunette was laughing hysterically in her car, Alison was such a drama queen.

Spencer shifted her car into drive, and pulled up beside her cousin, her car rolling at the speed of the blondes pace. She rolls her window down and speaks;

"Need a ride?" A chuckle escapes her lips

Alison's icy gaze snaps in the brunettes direction. Her scowl deepens, furthering Spencer's amusement.

Spencer's gaze hardens, silently daring her to refuse. Alison glares back but huffs in defeat. The brunette grins turning her attention to the road.

The rest of the ride to Alison's house was silent, the blonde drowning in wounded pride, and Spencer replaying her cousins fall over in on a loop in her head, all while trying to kept her laughter in check.

Alison huffed and puffed, her arms crossing over her chest, then messily in her lap, then back to her chest. She was already embarrassed she couldn't run, and of course Spencer had to see it happen, of all people who could have caught her. Her older cousin would never let her live it down.

Spencer's car pulled in the drive way of Alison's small loft. She unlocked the door and Alison scrambled out of the car. Spencer watched on in amusement. Before the blonde could go inside she rolled down the window and shouted;

"Make sure to stretch next time"

Alison flipped her off over her shoulder in the midst of opening her door.

***

"Ugh!" Alison tossed her Ipad on the counter, along with the glasses that were previously on her face. She leans over and rubs her temple.

She couldn't read any longer. Her head was pounding and her brain was completely fried. She was internally debating on drinking booze or taking a nap to cure the headache.

She inevitably decided on booze

Shocker

The blonde gathered up her things, she didn't even bother doing her hair, just throwing it in a messy bun hoping she look somewhat presentable.

She grabbed her keys and was out the door to her car. The other day Spencer had her boyfriend Toby come over and take a look at it, turns out the battery just needed to be jumpstarted, nothing major.

The car backed out of the driveway and she drove to her favorite bar, well the only one in Rosewood. It was different, to be back in this small town after spending half a year in London. The city had many bars, streets, coffee shops. Whilst Rosewood only had one of each.