𝐎𝐧𝐞

-

The guy's name was Zach. He was extremely handsome. He was tall, athletic, and chiseled, with tanned skin, bronze hair, and especially stunning sea-green eyes. He seemed kind enough. We had some of the same interests, but some were complete opposites.

The restaurant was a fancy place. Too fancy for me, though. I lifted my wrist and turned it over to check the time. Only thirty minutes had passed. "Are you already bored?" I dropped my wrist back onto my lap and smiled.

"No, sorry. I just don't feel incredibly good at the moment." I made eye contact with him, and we both laughed a bit. It was awkward.

"Will you be alright?" he asked.

I nodded my head. "Yeah, I'll survive," I replied sarcastically.

He chuckled at my response. Something felt off about him, but I could not figure it out. He had a good job, money, and a great personality. He had looks—I will not lie about that—but something felt strange. The town had been very uneasy lately. At least seventeen women had been killed over the past three months. The investigators had found all the bodies out in the open. Each one had a ring-like shape on her stomach, and each was completely drained of blood.

At least twenty girls were still missing. I knew one of the girls; she was my best friend. Her name was Olivia, and she was 21 like me. She had long blonde hair, pale skin, and brownish blueish eyes. She was one of the most recent girls that got killed.

"You alright?" Zach had been waving his hands in front of my face.

"Oh ugh, sorry about that. I was just thinking, "I said, blowing the fact I hadn't been paying attention off.

He chuckled again at my reply. "What were you thinking about?"

I didn't say anything. I just kept my mouth shut.

Realizing I wasn't going to say anything, he quickly started talking again, "You don't have to tell me. I understand, sorry."

I half smiled and looked down at my hands, sitting on my lap. "It's fine" I looked back up and threw on a smile.

We sat and chatted for a while longer, and after he paid the bill, I checked the time, and it was already ten.

"I'm sorry, but it's getting quite late. I should probably get going." I reached behind the chair and grabbed my purse.

"Do you live far from here? I can walk you home."

I smiled at this and stood up. "Yeah, I live through the park and around the corner, so it's not far."

He grabbed my coat and held it while I put it on. He put his on, and then we walked out.

-

This is a short story that I hope you all like.