Meeting the Avengers - Peter P.

Notes: This takes place after Homecoming, but the Avengers have not been pardoned yet. Bruce is still with the team, and he is staying at the tower. Yes, they have the tower. Only Tony, Pepper. Rhodey, and Bruce know about Peter.

Pairings: None

Genre: Fluff

Rating: K

TW: None

The lobby of Stark Tower was busy as usual, hustling and bustling with men and women alike. All were dressed in professional clothing, many with ears pressed to their phones, stacks of papers in their arms, or noses shoved in phones. No matter what occupied them, they could always spare a glance at me. I knew I stood out from then in my worn sneakers that had holes in the soles because May was still saving up paired baggy sweaters that were most definitely from the thrift store. I didn't care though, May had bought them for me, and I was really lucky to have any clothes at all.

I scurried along over to Mr. Stark's private elevator, trying to keep myself from prying eyes. Despite the stares from the prestigious business men and women, there was a smile on my face. It was the end of the marking period which meant a half day on Thursday followed by a long weekend. Mr. Stark had invited me up for a long weekend of tinkering and movies, and after some pleaded to May, here I was.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Parker," the electronic voice spoke from above me as I swiped my badge and the elevator doors opened. I smiled and looked up at the ceiling, knowing I wouldn't see anything, but doing it anyway.

"Hey, FRIDAY," I greeted, a smile on my face as I pressed the button to the top floor, to Tony's penthouse. I could barely feel it as the elevator started to move. "And please, I've told you at least a thousand times, it's just Peter, please," I said through a chuckle.

"Okay, just Peter," FRIDAY said. If a robot could have sass in its voice, FRIDAY would be the king. Queen? I shook my head. It didn't matter. "And for the record, just Peter, you have only told me that four times; that is far from thousands as you say. I couldn't help but let out a chuckle at the AI's words. "On an entirely different note, Mr. Stark is currently in a meeting and will be back to the tower around three. Dr. Banner is still at a neuroscience conference in France until the end of the week, Colonel Rhodes is in D.C. until further notice, and Mrs. Potts is in Tokyo but till be home by tomorrow evening for dinner. There is a note for you on the counter for you," the AI informed me, and I sagged.

It seemed like Mr. Stark was always in meetings as of late. He didn't tell what they were about, but by how stressed he had been lately, I could tell there was something going on. I spent every other weekend at either the compound or the tower, and a month's worth of visits had been canceled. He had invited me to the tower for the long weekend in an apology. We were supposed to have a great time this weekend, and it was starting off with a meeting. I was mentally kicking myself. Tony was an Avenger, an adult, a genius, a businessman, a husband, a philanthropist, and a billionaire; there were a lot of things he was before he was my mentor.

"Thanks for the lift, FRIDAY," I said as the elevator dinged and I stepped onto the penthouse floor. I unraveled my headphones and plugged them in as I walked to the kitchen, on the hunt for the note that Mr. Stark had apparently left me. I stuffed my headphones into my ears and put on a playlist to listen to as I prepared to occupy myself for a few hours. I found the note covered in Mr. Stark's terrible handwriting next to a 100 dollar bill. I snatched the note off the granite and leaned over the counter as I read over it.

Hey, Kid.
Sorry about this, didn't expect to be called out. It was an emergency that I'm sure won't be an emergency by the time I get there. I'll be back later this evening in time for a movie, I'll let Friday know when I'm leaving, and she'll tell you. There's food in the fridge, and the hundred is there for whatever you want to eat for dinner. Just have it ordered to the normal spot, and it'll be sent up. And make sure you actually eat and not pull the "I don't want to spend your money" card. It's fine. Feel free to tinker in the lab, work on the suit, play with legos, go out and do your thing or whatever you want, just no parties. Again, sorry, Kiddio. I'll see you this evening.