Chapter 5: My Apprentice

(VOLDEMORT'S P.O.V)
I had been sitting in the living room of Malfoy Manor waiting for the 'talented' girl to arrive. I had heard many things about her. The fact that she had been the Duelling Champion of Beauxbaton since her first year and that she had O's in all her subjects definitely intrigued me. It was like listening to my female version. But I wanted to witness it for myself. And if the girl was capable enough, she would be privileged as a Death Eater. I didn't believe her to be as perfect as they claimed her to be. They must be exaggerating.
Suddenly, Lucius and Narcissa appeared from the fireplace. Where is their daughter?
"Where is the girl?" I asked.
"My Lord, she must be on her way," said Narcissa.
Just on cue, a girl stepped out of the fireplace. She had a pale face with waist-length silvery blond hair. She closely resembled her mother but had her father's nose. There was an aura of confidence and power around her.
She looked at her parents and said, "You forgot about my luggage." She pulled out two small objects from her pocket. They were her suitcases. She had reduced its size and put the feather-light charm on it. Resourceful!
She pulled out her wand and non-verbally directed the objects towards her room. Now I was interested and amused. She definitely was a prodigy, but did she have an affinity towards power?
"Ah, Stella! I have been waiting for you," I spoke.
I witnessed as her reaction changed from shock to confusion to nothing. Putting on a poker face, she replied, "My Lord." She bowed and awaited my reply.
"I will speak to you later. Why don't you go and settle down?"
"My Lord," she spoke confidently and walked out of the room gracefully.
She was just as people had described. Her power could be a threat to us if she went against her family's ideals. Till now, Lucius had said that she too wanted a world free of mudbloods and traitors, but I needed to see it for myself. Lucius and Narcissa left the room to check on their son.
The girl entered the room again gracefully and made her way towards me.
"My Lord," she bowed and took a seat in the dining table. I decided to join her.
"Mai!" she called. A filthy house-elf appeared, shaking visibly at my sight.
"Bring me some pumpkin juice and toast," she ordered her in an icy voice. The girl was perking my interest more and more by each second. How can someone be of the same capability as The Lord Voldemort? Surely, she wasn't as skilled as I; she definitely wasn't an immortal like me. But it looks like she is willing to walk down that path.
I called Nagini and spoke to her in parseltongue.
"Keep an eye on her. Tell me anything suspicious about her."
Nagini hissed in acknowledgement and made her way towards the girl, baring her fangs to scare her. However, to my wild surprise, the girl seemed unfazed. She carried out reading the Daily Prophet. In fact, when she saw Nagini coming her way, she set the paper aside and stroked her.
"I like her," hissed Nagini.
The girl smirked as though she understood what she was saying. Now, I was completely sure. The girl was a perfect Slytherin and could be a great addition to my followers. I wanted to teach her all I knew, maybe even assist her in making horcruxes, she could lead my followers while I would be away.
"I see... Not many people can make Nagini like her. You have proved yourself to me. I want you to be my apprentice and I shall teach you all I know," my unwavering cold voice surprised her.
"It will be my honour, My Lord. However, I am taking classes in wandlore as well. I will only be able to work two days a week with you," said the girl in the same cold voice. She was the definition of power and leadership.
"That's alright. I will join you every Thursday and Sunday after lunch. Don't disappoint me."
"Yes, My Lord."
"If you are worthy enough you will be placed in the ranks of my fellow Death Eaters. You will be brandished the Dark Mark."
"My Lord, everybody knows of Malfoy's connection with you. If I suddenly start wearing full robes and avoid my left hand getting touched, people will get suspicious."
"Then you have to find a way to make it less suspicious," said I in a cold, icy tone; along with a twisted smirk.
"Of course My Lord." Her voice had dropped a pitch but was in the same tone.
I found my way inside her head only to be blocked out.
"I already know Occumulency and Legimancy. I can easily block minds," said she looking at me in the eye. She tried her way to get inside my head but I blocked her. She was powerful, but not as powerful as I. How dare she even try and get inside my head!
"Stupid girl. How dare you even think about entering my mind!"
She replied in a confident voice that caught me off guard. How can she not fear me?
"I was merely showing my to-be teacher what I can do. I know I need to prove myself. This is just another show."
She was unafraid and sly. With proper training, I would be able to transform her into a dark lady. She could be my second-in-command. She could help me kill Harry Potter. She could be another person whose name would be feared by men far and wide- my apprentice.