The Reform And Bombings

I worked for the East Coast Mining Company. We worked in the mines from 5-7. My friend Josh worked there with me. When we went there the only way we could communicate was our radio. We could also listen to music on the radio.

Josh turned on the radio and we heard all static then suddenly a voice started talking.

"The Soviet Union has been reformed! Today is the day for a first strike! Today is the day that we live! For our Country!"

Josh and I looked at eachother worringly. A minuite later a new voice came on. He had a deep voice.

"Hello Fellow Americans. Today the officials have declared... Defcon 1.The Soviets plan to send ICBM's all across the east coast."

Josh and I had no family. We never knew them. It seemed like nobody knew there family.

All of a sudden we heard a large crash. We ran to the side of the mine and saw something terrible. The mine had collapsed.

We heard loud noises and then i thought to myself. There they are. Nuclear Fallout. Josh and I just stayed in the mine praying to stay alive. The explosions stopped. We waited for the radiation. All the technology was out because of the flash from the bomb.

We went to the collapse in the mine and dug through it. When we were finished we saw a whole new world. A world of destruction, Death, Plauge. It was Hell on earth. It was the end of Defcon 1. Defcon 0 had just begun