Day and Night

Soul marks, they are an interesting subject and Hinata can't say that he hasn't wondered what his soul mark might mean

Soul marks, they are an interesting subject and Hinata can't say that he hasn't wondered what his soul mark might mean. Truthfully he has but that doesn't mean that he cares for it or who it might symbolize or what they are like. He doesn't care at all, not for someone who is dark and indifferent as the moon. Cold, pale blue and only half of a true full moon, it must only mean that the person it symbolizes could be the same. It doesn't hurt him to look at it every day, doesn't hurt to see it barely there, faded but still inscribed on his left shoulder. He thinks sometime, why would someone only feel halfhearted, averse to his or her surroundings? He catches himself thinking, though very compassionately, that he himself could never love someone like that.

Somewhere on the other side of Miyagi, Tsukkishima Kei is different in his thoughts. Delighted and frustrated at the sun, gold and brilliant in its vibrancy, the idea of someone who is his complete opposite in enthusiasm is wild and exciting. Can this sun on his shoulder bring a new light to his life? He needs it too, his hope dwindling for far too long. Yamaguchi was nice enough to aluminate him, but really, it's different knowing that out there in the dark, after such a long night the sun will come along and day will dawn. He's hopeful, for long, right until he isn't anymore.

Till he meets the king, till he meets him. Grating and intense, like a migraine that drives your brain insane. Tsukki huffs and Hinata chortles loud and overbearing, his childish boldness always getting on Tsukkis bad side. Really though, he likes it, likes that he hates the contrast in his rowdy yet gentle demeanor, likes the dependency the shorter boy always seems to ooze to all and everyone that surrounds. He likes (and hates) his silly little smile and the wonder that seems to genuinely veil him. Tsukki begins to think, but he doesn't know. It's almost shocking how coincidentally similar Hinata is to the stain of gold and red on his body.

Hinata begins to change his mind about his soul mark though, initially being ashamed of the dull blues and blacks, he might not be as displeased with it. It's not something sudden, it happens over the course of months. Moment by moment Hinata realizes that maybe like the real moon, his ink might flourish and change, evolve into a true moon.

Tsukkishima knows now, he knew for a while, but his suspicions were not confirmed until he saw it. The moon on Hinatas left shoulder as opposed to the sun on his right, he hadn't been looking for it, he just happened to see it in the changing rooms. Besides, it's not like the shrimpy dope head was trying to hide it, he looked so proud and elated by his moon, why shouldn't he be? For all Hinata knew, it could be illuminating and salient, which made Tsukki think that maybe it wasn't him, it must have been someone else. So he asked and Hinata obligingly garbled on hour after hour of the moon how his love for it had evolved into something so striking but admits that no, Stingyshima I haven't met them yet. His eyes are piercing as he admits, the way he looks before he hits one of his precious freak duo spikes and it feels. Like what? Tsukki doesn't understand but it just feels. The blonde middle blocker knows, but that's it, he knows but he never says, doesn't tell, he figures Hinata will know too when Hinata is ready when he has time.