Distant: Chapter 34 (Adalyn's p.o.v)

I wake up feeling energetic as ever, today is the day I can go home. Tara and Jake are gonna come pick me up. I check the time and it's only six, so I have and hour to kill, before Jake and Tara are supposed to be her, but I'm sure they'll be here a little early knowing Tara, but maybe not, knowing Jake. I get up and grab the clothes I came in. I think one of the workers cleaned them over night. The people in this hospital are really nice. I'm glad I was brought here. I get up and walk to the bathroom that's around the corner from my room, I change out of the gown I'm in and into my normal clothes, before going back to my room. I decide to make the bed then go get my bag from the front. I see a lady at the desk with a sweet smile. She was wearing a red dress, and looked so familiar, but I didn't know from where so I let it go. "Hey, I'm Adalyn. A nurse told me to get my stuff here." The lady looks through a few papers. "Oh yes, here you go." She says handing me the bag. "Your boyfriend was really worried about you." She says before I can walk away. I turn back towards her. She is looking at me, like she has a sort of hope in her eyes. "Oh I don't have a boyfriend." I smile then walk away. I go and sit down at the cafeteria in the hospital. Boyfriend, hmm... There's no way. I haven't opened my self up to anyone since my ex boyfriend. The guy from last night flashes in my head. I know him. Was he my boyfriend. Then the lady at the front desk flashes in my head. I saw her. The night on the mountain. I saw her she was the only person I remember. Was she the one who brought me here. I go back up front, to see a different women. "What's going on?" I mumble to myself.  Just then my phone rings slightly scaring me. I take my phone out of my bag and I check to see Tara's caller id. "Hey were out front." She says through the phone. "Okay I'm walking out right now before hanging up. I walk over to there car and get in the front. "How you feeling?" Jake says as I close the door. "I'm fine. You guys are early." I say checking the time. "It's only six-thirty." "Yeah Tara didn't want to make you waite." Jake laughs. Makes sense. Waite a minute. I look turn on my phone and look down at it. It's a picture of me and the boy again. I tap Tara's shoulder. "Whose this?" I ask pointing to the boy. "That's Colby." Before I can ask anything else Jake pulls up in front of our house. "We're here he says." "Oh are you staying over?" I ask as we all get out the car. Actually I live next door. "Oh really." I say in excitement. "Yeah wanna come over. Everybody's there. And I'd like to introduce you to some people if that's okay." "Sounds good." I say with a smile. We all go to Jakes house and I see some familiar faces and some not so much. I recognize all the girls, but one and none of the guys. All the people I don't know introduce themselves. They are all so nice. I get to know them a little more, until I hear someone come down. It's the boy again. He looks a mess though like he's been crying all night. He looks over to me and his face lights up, only to become sad again. I go up to him. "Are you okay?" I ask sympathetically. "Yeah I just... Yeah I'm fine." That was complete lie. I could see it in his eyes. His sad eyes. "I'm Adalyn." I say introducing myself. "Colby." he says. "Hmm... Colby. There's something about you. I don't know what it is." He looks up to me and I see a flash of hope, but it disappears again. I don't know why, but I hug him. He hugs me back. "Did someone break your heart?" I ask. As soon as the words fall out my mouth. I get another flash. "Colby.... Your... Your Colby." I say with tears.