[ 3 ] Good Old Days

🦑~🦑~🦑~🦑

Amajiki Tamaki was not a morning person on any day of the week. His mother often had to come into his room multiple times to make sure that he hadn't fallen asleep getting dressed, or brushing his teeth, or that he had even left the bed. That being said, there was a one day exception to this rule: Sunday. Every Sunday morning for the past twelve years without fail, Tamaki woke up earlier than everyone in his household. His mother called it a miracle. His mom called it a blessing. His older brother didn't really care. But no matter how much his family teased him for it, Tamaki was always awake Sunday mornings, and always out of the house by 7:14. Why? That question has a simple answer. The reason why isn't a 'what' so much as a 'who', and that 'who' would be Kobayashi Ella.

Ella was the sweetest, kindest, most gentle person he knew. They had been friends ever since they were little, so not even Tamaki's crippling anxiety could make him nervous around her. He swore that if he wasn't so gay for Mirio he would marry the girl in a heartbeat.

So it was understandable that Tamaki was once again out of the house Sunday morning, and on his way to the Kobayashi residence near the edge of the city. A bag of red bean buns sat in his arms as he walked down the street, a homemade gift from his mothers to the lonely girl at the edge of the city. He hummed quietly to himself as he made his way across the city, excited to see his best friend. (His walk took him about 30 minutes, and it would have been faster to take the subway, but since when was Tamaki smart? Or socially adapt? Since never, that's when.) 

Ella sat on the front steps of her home, waiting for him as usual. He watched as she smiled when she saw him, and as her smile widened into a grin when she saw the food he was carrying. She bounded up the driveway to meet him as he walked, the smile on her face almost blinding. 

"Heeeyyyyy Tama!" she said. "Watcha got in that there bag, hhhhmmm?" Tamaki rolled his eyes and handed the bag over to her waiting arms, knowing that he'd probably get only two of the fifteen been buns he had brought. Maybe three, if he was lucky. She snatched the bag out of his hands, hugging it to her chest. "Ah yes," she sighed. "My savior, my hero, my friend. My crops of been watered, tears have been dried, cancer has been cured; the food is here." 

"And I don't suppose that any of that food might be for me?" Tamaki asked. Ella glared playfully. "No, of course not! It's mine. All of it. M i n e." Tamaki rolled his eyes again. "You know this means I eat all your jelly rolls, right?"

This time, Ella's glare was not playful. 

"No."

🦑~🦑~🦑~🦑

Tamaki slammed his head down on the table, groaning. "You've won.... five times..... in a row..... can I not beat you just once???" Ella smirked, sweeping the book into the deck. "Are you kidding?" she asked. "We've been friends for the past 12 years. You should know by now that I'm the reigning Queen of Cards. You're not going to beat me at spades, or any other card game. Ever." Tamaki just groaned again. The two friends were seated in the greenhouse, at the six person dining table. Ella finished shuffling the cards, dealing out another hand. "What's your bid, Tama?" Tamaki picked his head up from the table and looked at his cards. He hadn't even organized them and he already knew they were bad. He couldn't even be bothered to groan. He was going to get set again, and he was not there for it. "I'm bidding board. You?" Ella wrote his bid down, "I'm bidding eight." Tamaki felt just about ready to cry. "C-Can't we just call it a day? You're only seven books away from winning. Please?" Ella showed no mercy. "Of course not. You don't want to talk about your relationship with Mirio, and therefore we play spades. That was the deal, now suffer." Tamaki whimpered and placed down his first card. He was so going to lose his all money to her.

🌻~🌻~🌻~🌻 

Ella needed Tamaki to confess. She needed him to. So what if she was being underhanded and a bit mischievous? That was basically the entire description of a matchmaker. Besides, Tamaki would thank her later.

As of right now, however, she was positive that he was trying to kill her with his mind. Instead of taking his money when he lost spades - repeatedly - she forced him outside of the house. "This isn't part of the deal, Ella," he hissed, spitting out her name. Ella rolled her eyes. "Fine, I'll just take all of your childhood savings, then. Makes no difference to me," she whispered back. That was a lie, it did, but Ella's poker face was on point. Tamaki hesitated. "Ha! I knew it. Now shut up, I can see him coming," Ella said. 

As compensation for the money Tamaki owed her, she stole his phone. He was fine with it until he realized that she was texting Mirio so she could set them up on a date and ditch. Now, she was forcing Tamaki to stay as Mirio walked up to them. The blonde sunshine waved to her jovially, and she waved back with significantly less enthusiasm. Tamaki glared at her. "You can't say that I should hang out with an extrovert and not stay to suffer with me," he grumbled. "It's not fair." Ella just shrugged. "He's your extrovert. Not mine. I don't have to suffer anything. Bye bye now!" Mirio was almost at the tea shop, so that was her cue to yeet skeet on outta there. Tamaki let out an indignant yelp, but didn't even try to stop her. He knew it would be useless. Ella was a tiny, fiery little ball of uncatchable. She got away right before Mirio got to the table she left Tamaki at. She paused just enough to catch what Mirio said, "So, you wanted to talk about something?" 

Tamaki groaned. Ella grinned. Mirio was just confused.

🌻~🌻~🌻~🌻 

Ella skipped along the sidewalk, humming a tune to herself. She had left her skateboard at home in a rush to get Tamaki out of the house, so she was stuck with just her feet. Not that she minded, bare feet felt good on the ground. Sure, she got some odd looks here and there, and who wouldn't? She didn't bother to put any shoes on, she had plants growing from her arms and legs, and she was humming obnoxiously loud. Of course, the fact that she was black and black people weren't very common might've had something to do with it. Huh. But dang her makeup was on-point!

Ella had no actual idea what she was doing; she supposed she was heading home, but big crowds always made her nervous, especially without someone she knew. Hence, the wild plants growing around her and behind her and her obnoxiously loud humming. The plants weren't on purpose though; they were the only outward sign that Ella wasn't okay. She could never keep a hold on her quirk when she was overemotional, and being alone in big crowds generally caused her to be overemotional. But she was good at distracting herself, hence the loud humming and skipping.

She came to a stop by a street vending machine and glanced over the options. Her humming tapered off as she fished for some yen in her shorts pocket, yanking it in and stuffing it into the machine. A few seconds later, a bottled tea tumbled down and into that thing that you were supposed to pull it out of. Ella had no idea what it was called, and frankly, she didn't care. She scooped the tea up with gusto and continued to skip down the sidewalk. She didn't really focus on where she was going, she knew the streets of Musutafu well enough to get back home. Although, she didn't really want to go. Not home, anyway. It didn't always feel like home anymore. Ella's home was small and bright and full of life and sound; the house she lived in now was empty and always quiet. How could the same place feel so different? 

She stared up at the two story square-shaped house, right in front of the fountain in her very long driveway. She knew no one was waiting inside for her. She knew she would spend the day alone. 

She turned away from the door and dashed around the house, to the forest she had grown when she discovered her quirk. She wasn't going back inside. She was going out to explore.

A/n:

It took me so long to get this out i'm sorry please don't kill me-

Good Old Days - by Macklemore ft. Kesha