.{Prologue}.

The streets of planet Earth bathe with a reddish hue, emitted by the Super Red Blood Moon. The heavy rain that accompanied this abnormal phenomenon felt as if the very sky was shedding tears. Continues clashes of lightning frighten most humans from stepping outside. In the middle of all this, a cry of a young infant no older than 12 months was wailing her heart out. Her golden amber eyes squeezed shut and her fingers tightly grasped onto the angavastram of someone. The thunder scared the little one but the wails started to die down when the mysterious being begin rocking her while whispering sweet words of comfort. He cradled the child close against his chest, protecting her from the blood cold colored droplets.

"Shush little one, you are safe. Don't be afraid!" The being uttered as he dashed through the streets. A speed that no humans can do. With a child secured, he ran. The baby was no longer crying but cooing instead when she heard his familiar voice. She's been hearing it since the day she was born.

The being deliberately slowed down once he knew he was destined to be here at that exact moment. It was then he noticed the child in his grasp was looking intensely at him. In a way asking, if everything was okay. Her stare reminded him so much of her mother.

"Everything is absolutely fine child. Why are you so tensed up now hmm?" the being replied with a slight chuckle. He gently tossed her up as he knew how much she adores being in mid-air. The infant squealed in delight as she landed into his arms again and giggled. She gave a toothless grin and snuggled closer into his sternum. In return, she earned a hearty hug from her guardian angel.

If only she knew, it would be a long time until they meet again.

The man looked towards his left and smiled. As he predicted and expected, he saw a couple walking down the street. Their face looked somber and dejected. They didn't even bother about the horrendous storm that was going or the harsh raindrops that were piercing against their skin. It was as if nothing mattered anymore.

"Don't be too naughty with them okay?" the being said as he kissed the child's forehead. The baby gently placed her tiny fingers on his forehead and babbled in her baby language. He placed his hand on soft head and uttered "Ayushman Bhava". Not wasting any more time, he pulled his white cloak over his head and ran towards them.

"Excuse me! Sir?! Miss?" his deep masculine voice vibrated.

The couple was startled to see someone approaching them. They stopped immediately, but it wasn't because they wanted too. It felt like the universe halted their movements.

"Who are you, sir? Why are you roaming in this rain alone?" the man questioned. The being turned his head towards the woman who was looking down. He could see the slight streaks of dried tear stains on her face.

"I could ask you the same thing but I am not alone!" the stranger answered and looked downwards. The couple then noticed slight wiggly movements in his arms and found a small gurgling child, staring at them with full of curiosity.

The woman suddenly started tearing up and hid her face into her palms. Her husband sighed in defeat and uttered " I am sorry, my wife and I are going through a very tough time in life now.

His voice began to crack as he continued "We lost our child recently. She had respiratory issues that lead to a cardiac emergency. We couldn't see her suffer anymore and we believe the lord understood our pain.

He took her back.

We are still unable to cope with this loss and seeing this child, it rekindled back memories of ours."

The stranger's eyes was calm; the emotion one human would feel being in his presence or even thinking about him. Suddenly, he placed the child in the arms of the woman and said " Take care of her with full of love. Bring her up as you would with your own child. This is destiny!

As a flash of lightning struck, the being disappeared from the eyes of the couple."Where did he go?!" The woman asked, shocked as her husband ran around looking for him. The child, however, kept staring ahead! She could still see him standing smiling at her.

The baby stretched her tiny arms towards him and cutely called out "Pa..pa?" Her eyes twinkled, waiting for him to take her back to her parent's arms. She sensed something wasn't right when he started walking away from her and began to cry. The baby couldn't feel anyone familiar around and wailed in fear. Why wasn't he coming back? Where is she? This isn't home. Who was this woman holding her? She wants to go back home. As her wails became louder, the storm became even more ferocious.

"Let's go home honey, we have to protect her from the rain!" the man said and started to walk faster with his wife who held the small special being in their lives. Meanwhile, the mysterious being squatted and leaned his muscular build against a tree. The strong wind blew his cloak but unsurprisingly not a single drop of rain touched his skin. A shadow of a multiheaded serpent appeared under him. He gazed back at the small child from and far smiled.

"We will always be watching over you Māyā." he whispered and vanished.

How was it?

Interested to read more?

Please don't forget to vote and give your comments!

Feedback is very much appreciated :)