Ch 4. Heart never Forgets...

"Zehen ki yaade bhale hi dhundli ho jae,
Magar ye dil apno ko kabhi nahi bhulata...
Ban kar apne ek bar is dil se Jo jud jae,
Rab unhe kahi na kahi zarur hai milata..."
-By Mushaid Shaikh...

(Even when the memories in the mind fade away, this heart never forgets those who are ours...
Those who become ours connecting with our heart, God surely makes them meet somewhere...)

****

"Mom, what's the meaning of 'ijzat?" Sidhra asks her mom who's sleeping next to her.

"There isn't any word like this." Her mom replies being confused.

"No mom there is. It's a Hindi word." She again clears her mom's confusion.

"Oh, then it must be 'ijazat' not 'ijzat', right?" Her mom conforms.

"Yes, yes ijazat, so what does it mean?" She asks eagerly.

"It means permission." Her mom replies.

"And what does 'Jahan' mean?" She again asks.

"It means world, same as the word Duniya. But  dear why this sudden interest in Hindi?" Her mom asks. Sidhra was interested in Hindi at a very young age. She tried to learn Hindi from her mom but her mom doesn't like to talk in Hindi. She tried to befriend some of her classmates who were from Hindi speaking area but they used to laugh at her British accent so she left learning Hindi a few years back.

"Mom actually there is a guy who helped me with my car that day in the college and later on we meet in the pub, in the canteen and he's the one who invited us for dinner today. He is such a nice guy. You know he has such a melodious voice! He knows Hindi too." When Sidhra is busy praising Shahid her mom cuts her in the middle and says, "I told you to stay away from boys at least till you complete your studies."

"No mom, actually I want him to befriend bro so that bro can learn from him. He is a topper in his class and he can help bro in his studies." Sidhra hugs the pillow.

"Ok, but remember my advice." Her mom's reply makes her happy and she hugs her mom.

After closing her eyes Sidhra sees a pair of brown eyes similar to hers but when those eyes accompany a handsome face her eyes opens with a jolt. This is the first time she is imagining someone but a smile appears on her face when her mind plays the scene of that someone singing a song whose words aren't perfectly understood by her but the lyrics still managed to play with the strings of her heart.

***

"Hadi, does it happen with you too?" Shahid asks.

"What acidity?" Abdul Hadi gets confused.

"Hey, foodie there are things in this world other than food also. The world doesn't start and end on eating and digestion." Shahid replies irritatingly.

"So what I love food and I don't care if the world starts with food and ends up with digestion because when I'll be a pharmacist I'll have a cure for the end of the world." Hadi happily replies and Shahid held his head in his palms saying, "I pity your fiancee".

" You don't need to saale sahab." Haba Abdul Hadi replies.
(Saala means wife's brother and it is also a term used to tease someone).

"Don't ever dare to call me that or else I'll call Ammi and tell her that her soon to be son-in-law has fallen in love with a beautiful firangi (foreigner) and then your engagement will be broken." Shahid threatens him.

"Really, do it, as if I care." Hadi confidently replies.

" Really? So let me make a call." Saying so Shahid takes his mobile which Hadi snatches from his hands.

From my heart till yours...On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara