Chapter 5~ Choice

Martina's POV

I woke up on the sound of my phone ringing but it's not the alarm.
I pick up not looking at the caller ID.
''Hello?'' I say with sleepy voice.
''Good morning.'' Theo said on the other said.
''Why are you calling me this early?''
''Cause I know you are not up for school yet.'' I can imagine him with raised eyebrow.
''Fine fine. Jerk'' I mutter the last part.
''I heard that.''
''You better. See you.'' I make a kiss sound and hang down.

I got up and dragged myself to bathroom. After morning routine, I got dressed and left to school.

I met up with Lily at school's front door.  Today we have some project in our school. Well known people will come to represent some subjects.

Everybody came in the gathering hall. I and Lily took seats next to each other.
First was chemistry. On the stage came grey haired man. He was talking half an hour about chemical formulas and moleculas and other stuff.

And so on... we came to the last one. It was business managment. The least person expected to come was my boyfriend.

Theo came on the stage saying 'hello' to everybody. He was talking some boring stuff at least half an hour.
When he asked if anybody has a question, some girl yelled from behind.
''Are you single?''
He chuckled.
''That's not the question regarding the subject but I will answer you. No, I have a beautiful girlfriend.'' He answers smiling.
I blushed and looked down.

We finished school and I saw Theo leaning on a car.
''Beautiful girlfriend?'' I saw smirking.
''I didn't say anything wrong.'' He says kissing me.
''I don't know why you think I'm beautiful.'' I shrug.
''Don't ever said that again.'' He says grabbing my chin.
''Okay.''

He opened the door for me and jogged to the other side.
''We are going to my place.'' He said.
''Okay.''

We got in his house and I immediately went in a kitchen.
''I'm cooking lunch today.'' He says.
''Are you sure?'' I ask suprised.
''Yeah I am.''
''Will you be okay?''
''I'll be fine Tina. It's not like I'm paralyzed.'' He says annoyed.
''Ok ok.... But I don't want to get a food poison.'' I joke.
He glares at me until he points to the living room. I chuckle and kiss him on a cheek before sitting down.

I was watching TV when something crashed in a kitchen. I run to the kitchen and saw a pan with food spilled on a floor. Theo was with the same expression as when he broke a plate in my house. I was ready to laugh but he put his hand up.
''Don't. Save it for later.''
''Okay.'' I say trying to hide my laugh.
He got the broom and dust pan and throw everything in the trash can.
''Will you please make a lunch?'' He says awkwardly smiling.
''Yeah. I think I should. But you change your shirt.'' I look down at his dirty shirt. He chuckled before going in the room to change.

How can he be so clumsy in the kitchen? It's not even that hard to cook. But when he tries to make something, it looks like he is having a war with the dishes.

I finished quickly and put everything down. We ate and decided to watch a movie. He pulled me on his lap wraping arms around me.

''Theo?''
''Yes baby?''
''Why do you like me?''
''Why do you ask?''
''I want to know.''
''Well... At first I liked your cooking. Those mac and cheese were the best. But then I started to like your smile and personality. You attracted me in many ways and you still do.'' He says kissing my forehead.
''I thought about you as a rude stranger.'' I giggle.
''Ouch... really?''
''Yeah. You didn't even apologize to me.''
''But I wasn't even at fault. You didn't watch where were you going.''
''You saw that I wasn't paying attention and you still let me bump into you.''
''It's still you fault.''
''No it's not.''
''Yes it is.''
''No.''
''Yes.''
''No.''
''Yes.''
''Shut up.''

I got up and he pulled me back that I was stradling him. He caught my hips rubbing small circles with his thumbs.

''Do you want me to apologize?''
''No.''
''Why? I though you said it was my fault.''
''It's not.''
''Then whose fault it is?'' He says smirking.
''Mine.'' I say crossing arms.
He smiled before pulling my arms to the side and pulling me down.
He kisses me softly keeping my hips in a place.

''That's right.'' He says grinning.
''Okay don't make me change my mind.''
He chuckles before pulling me down to his chest. I wrap my arms around his neck nuzzling my head in his neck.

He smells so nice. I could be in this position forever. Just me and him. I'm so happy my mom accepted our relationship. She wished me all the best. I know she misses my dad, and I miss him too.

I'm afraid to tell him I love him yet. I don't know if he fully loves me. He cares about me a lot but I'm not sure if he loves me. I don't want to rush our relationship and I definitely don't want to push him to anything. He already has so much responsibilities.

We were chilling all afternoon then he said he will take me out on a date.
We went in a nice restaurant.
''Why didn't you tell me we are going in a fancy restaurant?''
''Why should I?''
''I'm underdressed for this place.''
''What are you talking about? You are perfect.'' I roll my eyes before entering.
''Table for two. Black.'' Theo said to the receptionist.
''Right this way.''

He led us to a table in the corner of the restaurant. While we were passing through, everybody was staring at us with their mouth slightly opened.
My anxious raised when I saw every person in this room staring.

They were all fancy dressed with makeup on girls faces while I came in a jeans and a shirt with jacket. I feel like I'm embarassing Theo. He didn't seem to notice but I did.

I just wished to finish everything fast and go away from here. When we finished I rushed out before Theo came.
''Why are rushing?''
''I didn't want to be there anymore.''
''Why? Did something happen?''
''No...''
''Tina... I know when are you lying. Tell me what happened.''
''Everybody was staring at us.'' I say quirtly.
''So what?'' He ask clueless.
''Don't you get it? I clearly embarassed you. I came here in jeans and shirt while everybody was dressed fancy. Do you really want to destroy your reputation that you build over 10 years? Because you are seen with some pathetic girl.'' I say tears streaming down my face.
''Shut the crap!!'' He shouted. I flinched a bit with more tears falling down. The vein on his forehead was popping up, meaning he is very angry.
''If you want to leave me then go. I'm not forcing you to be with me if you can't accept who I am.'' He shouted.

If I leave him it will be for his own good. I looked at him one last time and turned around and left. My legs were barely moving and my eyes stung from tears.

I came home by foot. My house was dark. I just ran in my room and threw myself on my bed. I clutched my pillow and let out loud sobs knowing my mom isn't at home. My heart hurts so much.

Theodor's POV

She left me. She really left me. She went away like that, just like that.
I'm so stupid for shouting at her.

I followed her until she entered her house. At least I know she is safe. I went home after and drowned in alcohol.

This is the best way to forget about your current miserable situation. I love her and she left me. Why? Just why?

I passed out on my couch after drinking three bottles of whiskey.