Second Chances (Gets kinda steamy)

Pairing: Billy Hargrove x Reader

Word Count: 2,743

Warning: Swearing, altered turn of events, a tab bit steamy, drinking, abuse

After the events at Starcourt, everyone had drastically changed. The party gained a few new members. Both Robin and Erica, had joined. Max was pushing for her brother Billy to join, but the party wasn't sure about him. After, what had happened it was like Billy did a complete 180.

Since, Billy came to Hawkins, he was never a quiet or caring type of person. That summer, changed him, and everyone else. Seemingly enough, you were the only person to see a real change in Billy. He was searching for a place he belonged. You believed he belonged with the party but still had trust issues. It took a few months for things to get back to normal, or as normal as things were going to get.

Today, was another "typical" type of day with the party. Everyone, was hanging out at the Palace Arcade today, including you and Billy. Which was surprising since Billy, had never stuck around before. You were currently talking to Keith, before you were pulled out of your conversation.

"Hi, Y/N." A smooth husky voice, suddenly sounded.

Greeting him with a soft smile you began, "Hey, Billy."

With a sudden burst of confidence, you wrapped your arms around his neck, pulling him in for a hug. He stiffed at the sudden contact, just as you were about to pull away, he wound his arms tightly around your waist holding you close, burning his face in your neck. Billy held you, as if life depended on it.

A few days passed, since the encounter. It was Friday night, movie night with everyone. Max was running late, and there was an argument about what movie we were going to rent.

A soft knock on your front door sounded. Once you opened the door, you were shocked to find Max and Billy standing at your front door.

"Y/N!" Max's voluminous voice erupted, "I hope you don't mind, I brought Billy."

"Of course not! Please, come on."

Max raced to the living room, where the rest of the party was. As Billy shut the door, he immediately shoved his hands in his pockets, looking down at his feet.

Just as you were about to say something, Dustin ran into you, throwing his arms around you saying, "I think we've decided what movies we want to rent! Can we go bother Steve and Robin now?"

Chuckling lightly you responded, "Sure, get everyone in the car okay?"

Dustin took off corralling the rest of the group to your car, Billy in-tow when you lead him to your car. The car ride to the video store, was filled with laughs, and off key singing from the kids. The more time went by, the more Billy visibly relaxed and was comfortable.