Gravity

I woke up to the obnoxious beeping of the alarm clock.

    I sprang up, reaching over to smash the alarm's snooze button.

    Laying back down I groaned, why was the world so cruel? Making me get up so early!

   ‘My new Sensei must be the devil’s incarnate. He was late yesterday. This ‘Kakashi Hatake’ was weird. He has no hope for us passing, just what was this test? Why does he cover his face? Did he lose his eye? His hitai-ate did cover his left eye.’ 

   It was irritating how secretive this was.

   From the outline of his strong jaw to the sturdy bridge of his nose, the mask concealed the undoubtedly handsome face of his.

   It was funny, how little he showed off his figure. All you could see was his wrist, fingers, and a quarter of his face. It wasn’t much at all.

    ‘What if he covered his face because he was so handsome, that the people of the village kept falling for him? Hmmm…it’s not impossible.’ 

    Almost every girl is in love with Sasuke after all.

    I groaned as I sat up, swinging my legs off the side of the bed. I walked to the bathroom without hesitation, I knew this place like I knew the lines on my palm.

    As I went through my morning routine my mind drifted back to my soon to be Sensei.

     ‘Well hopefully soon to be.’

    He was reading some tiny orange book, I could’ve sworn I’ve seen it before. It must have been in the book store but what was it? What type of literature did he like? 

    I thought back to the cover, a ghost of orange forming in my mind.

    It had the universal sign for ‘No’ on the back, with a man and a woman holding hands and running on the cover.

   ‘Maybe it was a romance?'

    I didn’t pin him for the type.

    I think the title was Ich…Itcha…Icha Icha! It must be a romance!

    Icha Icha means to act lovey-dovey in public after all.

    ‘Wow I really didn’t think he would read a romance, not that I even really know anything about him. But aren't romances geared toward women, or at least most of the time?’ 

    ‘Maybe I should go to the book store and take a look, I’m really curious.’

    I walked out of the bathroom just as Naruto walked out of the bedroom.

    I started to make a light breakfast, I know Kakashi said not to eat, but I still have a little while and it’s just cereal.

   Maybe I should take a snack with me, just in case he’s late again.

   ‘He doesn't care about us so it may just happen.’ 

    I shrugged and started to eat. Soon Naruto came to join me, looking at me funny.

  “What?” I raised my eyebrows and took a bite. 

   “Kakashi-Sensei said not to eat?” Naruto sounded confused, his eyebrows furrowed and mouth pulled into a frown. 

   “I know.” I smirked as he stared at the bowl and then went to make his own.

   After we finished eating we headed out to the training ground.