Chapter 1 - The Hunters Mission

"Aika? Is the mission complete? Have you done what's necessary?" A voice was heard on the earpiece that Aika possessed. The male, being 15, looked over at the house that now lay dead silent. "Yes. Mission complete. What's next, sis?" he asked, still dangling from the tree he waited on. "That's all for today, you can come home now" she answered the boy. The male fell to the ground, his fluffy, blue hair almost covering one of his eyes. The bluette crouched down in a running position as he kicked off, flying at high speed through the air. He kicked off the air to gain his speed whenever he started to slow down. Once home, he walked through the doors of his house, looking to the stairs as his father walked down. "Aika, my boy, another job well down. It seems like you've gotten used to the restraints that we had you wear" he called out. The boy simply nodded his head, looking up at the massive man he called father. The 'restraints' he was talking about weren't weights, they were shoes. Aika wore high heels. His speed is unmatched by anyone, so much so that he could easily be deemed the fastest person to live, that was because he doesn't enhance his strength, like most. He enhances his legs, making his speed faster than anyone. He wore high heels to throw off his balance, slowing him down by ¾. "Well, that's good to hear. Go now, rest up for your next mission. I'll send the maid to your room with a feast. I'm proud of you, my boy" his father said, his voice echoing through the halls.

Aika walked up the stairs of the house as he walked to his door, opening it to be met with his twin, Daiki, who he called Kiki. "Nice job, Aika. You broke your record by a whole minute. Man, I wish I was strong" she huffed out, flopping onto her bed as her black hair bounced a little. "You're strong, Kiki. I could never be as strong as you" the male said softly, walking over to the bed she laid on, lifting her head to be met with his. "Lies" she called out, rolling over as she sat up. She looked back at her twin, eyeing his blue hair that made him 'unique'. "You know... you suit that" she blurted out, crawling over to him. The male tilted his head as she started to play with his hair. "You know, Dad's gonna send you to the hunters exam?" Kiki questioned, sadness looming in her tone of voice. "I know" was all Aika said, waiting for his sister to answer. "And you're going to do it?" she questioned once more, trying to hide her worry. "Of course" the bluette answered, continuing to let his sister play with his hair. "But people die in that stupid exam every year! Don't you care about me!?! What if you never come back!?" she cried out, turning her face away to hide the tears. Aika looked to his sister who wiped her face many times in an attempt to stop the tears. "I won't leave you, sis" he answered, crawling over to her as he brought her into a hug. "And if I do, then I'll always come back for you" he reassured, now petting her dark locks for comfort. "Promise?" she asked, still looking away. "Promise"

"Wake up my son, it's time" a female called out. The male she referred to sat up, looking down at his sleeping twin who laid in his lap. "Yes mother" he answered her, slowly crawling off of the bed sheets and to the closet. The female, known as Mother, smiled happily as she walked out, letting the bluette choose his clothes. Half way through getting changed, he heard the mumbles of his sister who lay there, tossing and turning in her sleep, "Shh, it'll be okay" he hushed, slowly running his hand through her locks as she drifted off back to sleep. He turned back to the mirror he looked in, finished getting dressed and ready to leave. He walked to his father's office as he looked at the huge doors, knocking on the wood firmly. "Come in" a voice called out, allowing him to enter. "Father? You wanted me?" Aika asked, looking to his father who sat at his desk. "Ah, Aika, take a seat" he spoke, pointing to the chair on the other side of his desk. The bluette did as he was told, walking over to the seat as he sat down. He had to admit, this was his first time sitting down in his office. His father was a man of business, not chit chat. "You're aware that the hunters exam is coming up, correct?" he asked, already knowing the answer. Aika nodded his head. "Well, your next mission is going to need a hunter's license, so, your current mission is to pass the exam and arrive home safely, understood?" the man questioned. The boy nodded his head to the agreement as his father smiled profoundly. "Good, you may leave now". With that said, he left to his room, preparing to leave on the mission he was currently working on, to become a hunter.

End of: Chapter 1 - The Hunters Mission

Word count - 878

Next: Chapter 2 - Unexpected Contestant