Chapter 2

As my mom set me in the snow, my father scoffed and looked away. I watched as mother rolled her eyes yet look at me with a smile. She opens the trunk and takes out some thicker winter clothes to dress me in. She quickly switched my clothes so I wouldn't be bare in the cold for long, a thick blue and white teddy bear coat, blue matching snow pants, and white snow boots. Once she finished, she stood up and smiled at me "go haves some fun sweetie.. just remember to keep mr.bear with you, alright?" She waited for my answer to then pat my shoulder and walk towards the house with my father.
I hug my teddy bear tightly and turn to the kids laughing and playing, starting to trudge through the snow, crossing the road. The kids i was walking towards where three boys. One in a purple winter coat, another but in red, and one in a blue hoodie. Teddy and I crossed the street in silence besides the snow packing underneath me boots. I stopped once i was about 5 feet away from where they were making snow angels, the looks at me.
I gasp to myself while they look at me, I start rubbing my bears ears nervously as I try to keep myself calm. I've never had friends. Never had any family to play with. I'm an only child and we moved farm from my family, so I didn't get to grow up with any children around me. Even at school, the kids would look at me and sit next to me, but no one ever wanted to play with me. I've always wanted friends, but I'd mess up with them in some way that they don't give me a chance to play with them.
"Hey.." I gently wave my hand before hugging teddy tightly to my chest. A few short moments of silence, the one in the blue stood up and waved back
"Hi! My names Craig" the boy announced. I smiled as he stepped closer towards me, but i took a step back. Craig took the hint that i was being a bit cautious, so he stopped in his tracks, but continued speaking.
"These are my friends! He's Token, and He's Clyde! Clyde doesn't talk much around new friends." Craig pointed to the darker boy in purple first then to the brunette boy in red. My heart skipped a beat as the word 'friend' rolled off craigs tongue, making my eyes tear for a moment.
"Friend? I-I'm your friend?" I stumbled over my words and give a weak smile, which Craig frowned at yet replied with a nod. I giggled softly and jumped a bit, starting towards him. He smiled and walked back to his snow angel, pressing his hand in the snow next to the head and looking back at me.
The Token boy smiled at me and pointed "I like your bear, what's its name?" He tilted his head the slightest.
"Oh! His name is mr.bear! He's the best teddy in the whole world" he babble on while hugging teddy to my chest, spinning in my place. I hear a small giggle from the boy in red, Clyde. I shift my gaze to him but he looks back at the sky watching the snow flutter down, a slight blush across his face. I giggled back and sat in the snow by token, sitting teddy in my lap.
"What do friends do? Can we make a snowman?! I never made a snowman with other people before!" I smiled up at Craig. He chuckled and nodded, walking away to gather snow. "Okay, Clyde go in your bag and get more carrots and rocks, Token can you help me roll the body? And uh-" Craig stopped and turned towards me. "What's your name?.."
"i-it's tweek" I answered and look down at my bear, waiting to hear a joke or a laugh, but it never came.
"Okay, tweek! Can you help roll the other body and head?" He asked and turned back, scooping more snow into a ball and pushing it along. I looked back up to see him give directions and get back to work, maybe he missed my name?.. but he just said it?.. he- he didn't laugh.. neither did purp- Token or Clyde. I sculpted a seat for teddy as I was in my thoughts. I stood up after sitting teddy down and kissing his head, heading to craig and token, starting a new pile and rolling it myself.