Part one || Resurfaced

I wake up to the smell of greasy bacon. I look to my apple watch and my stomach lurches. 9 am? Nevermind, it's not that bad.

Then it hits me- I was supposed to make breakfast today! No wonder I was scared...

I peel myself out of the warm bed and head downstairs. Once I'm in the kitchen, I receive glares of disappointment. Even Carson looks at me weird. Really? It hurts to see him lose pride in me for some reason.

"What's bacon?" I ask with the usual smirk and finger guns.

"It's part of a pig, fucktard," Cooper taunts. Or... does he? Does he mean it?

Only Carson seems to appreciate it. He has the biggest, and only laugh. Maybe he didnt mean to look at me like that.

I get in front of the stove to think. If Noah made bacon already, how can I outdo him? Surely there something I can make that will help them forgive me.

"What do you guys want for breakfast?" I shout even though I don't need to. This way, I cant mess up and give them something they dont want.

"Baked corn flakes," Jschlatt replies. What a silly goose! That's exactly what I'll do.

As I go to the pantry I hear Noah mumble to Schlatt under his breath, 'seriously?' They're probably not talking about me, I think.

Finally I have gathered all of my needed ingredients and I stand in front of the pan. It reminds me of a blank canvas. It has so many opportunities and I am in control.

With shaky hands I open the corn flake bag and pour it into the pan, which is on high heat. They sound like pebbles hitting metal. Gosh, they are so stale... it wont matter if I bake them, I guess.

It takes a while to fry them to a perfect golden-brown result. "Charlie, is something burning?" Traves asks me, sounding nervous, but I'm not.

"Um..." I finally turn to the pan for the first time in 45 minutes. Most of the flakes are charred. "Nope!" I stir them around with a plastic fork that was left on the counter. I hurriedly turn the heat down. How could they have burned if the heat was low? I give myself credit for such a good save.

"I am hungry, Charlie." Ted says annoyingly. "You dont want to upset Teddy Weddy now, do you?"

Beads of sweat form on the outline of my face. Huh? Then I realize that my head has been hanging over the pan for a while.

I remove the pan from the heat and feel like a chef. I might as well have a rat in my hat for all I care! Rattatoullie I am coming for you.

I divide the bakie flakies into separate bowls. I give a little extra flakies to Carson, hoping he will notice. Once it is all sorted out, I pour milk into a bunch of shot glasses. "Breakfast is served." I say, relieved.

"It is 1 pm." Schlatt says flatly.

"Cool! One is my favorite number."

I have to make multiple trips to get everyone their flakies. When Travis, who sat on an armchair, saw his, he said "Um... I am not hungry."

An opportunity! "Come on, Trav!"

"Jesus fuck..." Schlatt rubs the bridge of his nose.

"Dont be such a FLAKE!"

"I knew it."

Carson is the first one to take a bite and it is so crunchy that even Ted is like 'oh my gosh' because it is so crunchy.

"What did you add to these..." Noah groans but I tell him to be thankful that I made him breakfast and.

"Uh oh" Traves stands up from the chair really quick and the back of his pants sags a lot oh gosh no way I think I forgot that I added laxatives to these! "AAAAAAAH" Travis screams a lot and runs to the bathroom with saggy pants. He closes the door but I still hear how explosive his poopies are it is just like a grenade in there

"Oh crap!" I say. "Hahahahaha! Get it?"

"What did you do to Traves? Look at what happened to him." Cooper stands from the table and thrusts his hand towards the bathroom but I do not feel one bit sad "get pranked!" I say but he doesn't laugh.

"Charlie, that was a good one" Carson says as he throws his flakies into the garbage can lovingly something in my chest flutters around I might be having a heart attack but I think the fluttering part was a metaphor.

No one is happy with me so I ho outside and think about what a horrible day that this has been and how they will probably not want to talk to me for a while.

I dont want to go back inside but I also want to see my friends and be like a happy family again but I know that there is no turning back because I messed up big time and now my friends will never like me again and I messed up a lot.

It seems as though all hope is lost and I am about to go a journey far far away and never return until Carson Comes outside to see me (he is so hot with his big lips I want to kiss them so badly).

"Charlie what's wrong?" He says "I-"
"Haha I know what's wrong you dont have to tell me. I love you so much and I know what you are thinking and I know that you are thinking that I am hot and I am thinking that you are hot and I know that you know that I think that you are hot want to kiss?"

"No."