March 2014

March was the month that a lot of my friends have been waiting for, excited and nervous at the same time. We would be getting our acceptance, hopefully not rejection letters, to the universities we would be transferring to. The whole team had been discussing their top choices, Casey wanted to go to University of California Santa Barbara, Natalie wanted to go to University of California San Diego, Aria decided that leaving California and going to Colorado would be a good change for her, and I was hoping to get into University of California Los Angeles. As for the boys, they were going to be pretty spread out throughout California, some going to UC's, others going to state schools, with the exception of Brett. He wanted to go to a school in Texas. With him and Casey just getting back together, I wasn't sure how that would work out, but it wasn't for me to figure out. I was more interested in finding out where Colin planned on going, even though I shouldn't have been. He made it clear that he wasn't ready for a relationship with anyone, which by default included me, but that doesn't mean that I shouldn't care where is going to school, right? I mean he is my friend after all, and friends should care about their friends' future goals.

Practice had just ended and our friend group had met out in the parking lot to make plans for the rest of the day.

"Anyone wanna catch up on some homework at my place? Then maybe watch a movie or something afterwards?" Brett asked.

Aria responded, "Natalie and I have a huge midterm for our chemistry class in the morning so we gotta head to the library and actually get some work done. Sorry guys."

"I'll come over, Brett." Colin said. "Gigi, you down?"

"Oh yeah sure. I'm gonna grab my stuff from the locker room and I'll meet you guys there," I said, secretly surprised and excited that Colin seemed to want me there.

The whole car ride over I kept thinking about Colin's intentions. Why did he want me there? Does he secretly have a crush on me? Is this another opportunity for the two of us to get closer? But then I started thinking realistically. Of course he asked if I was going. I am part of the friend group that was invited over so he was probably just genuinely curious if I was going to go or not. Plus, we have become friends over the past month so I guess it was normal for him to ask if I was going. Oh, not to mention how awkward it would be for him to go study alone with Brett and Casey when she had just recently had a crush on him, but then got back together with Brett. Gigi, you need to stop overthinking everything Colin says or does. We are just friends and that is how things are going to be.

I arrived at Brett's place and joined him, Colin, and Casey in some homework and studying. A few hours later, once everyone completed their work for the day, Casey started on the topic of spring break, which was coming up in a few weeks.

"I think that we need to plan a fun trip for the whole team, you know, considering that this will be our last spring break before we all split up and go to different schools."

"I think that is an awesome idea!" Colin exclaimed. "This is the perfect chance to spend time with everyone before things change forever."

Colin's words, "change forever," kept repeating in my head. He was right. This was our last chance to be together as a group before things really did change forever.

"I say we go on a team camping trip, maybe to Morro Bay by San Luis Obispo? We can camp on the beach and still be close enough to hang out downtown. What do you guys think?" I explained.

"Gigi, that is PERFECT. I am going to send out a mass group message and see if everyone else is down. Get ready for the best spring break of our lives!" Casey exclaimed.

Almost everyone on the team loved the idea to go camping for spring break. Over the next few weeks we planned out the trip, such as what camping spot to get, who was bringing what food and supplies, and who was driving. Everything was eventually planned out and we were all ready for one last trip together.